4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Any one know a good EM repair person in the Baltimore area?

#2 4 years ago

I’m available... western howard county MD, between Balto and Frederick, what do you need?

#3 4 years ago

If Don O cannot fit it in, I might be able to help.
    I have experience with Gottlieb & Williams pins, less so with Bally and the other em manufacturers.

What is the machine?

Lee

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

I have a beautiful restored sweet hearts that I just picked up. Something happened to in transit. It won’t reset and the play field won’t light up. All fuses are good. Any suggestions? Do either of you make house calls for a fee?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM_guy:

Thanks for the replies.
    I have a beautiful restored sweet hearts that I just picked up. Something happened to in transit. It won’t reset and the play field won’t light up. All fuses are good. Any suggestions? Do either of you make house calls for a fee?

Did you try re-seating the Jones plugs.

When you say it won't reset you mean it won't start a game? Is it set for free play and if not are there credits on the game?

Gottlieb playfields will not light up when you power on until an actual reset starts. This game should not have a power switch unless someone put one in.

I don't know Don but I can vouch for Lee.

#6 4 years ago

The jones plugs are snug.

I should have mentioned when I first plugged it in thr tilt pendulum was making contact and the play field lit up. There was a buzzing noise so I unplugged it and fixed the pendulum. Thereafter the play field went dark and that’s where I am now. I can’t start a game. It is wired for free play.

#7 4 years ago

Will it light up if you manually close the lock relay or start a game if you manually activate the start relay.

#8 4 years ago

All,

I figured out my problem. I had two of the Jones plugs swapped in the head. A real amateur move. Thanks for all the help.

Lee thanks for offering to come by!

Dave

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM_guy:

All,
    I figured out my problem. I had two of the Jones plugs swapped in the head. A real amateur move. Thanks for all the help.
    Lee thanks for offering to come by!
    Dave

Everyone has pulled one of those at one time or another. Glad it is fixed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-repair-baltimore-area?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.