(Topic ID: 160772)

EM recommendations

By Backyardace

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0718 (resized).JPG
    image-19 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_nate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

I'm going to revive this old thread.

As someone mentioned on this discussion already, single players can be a little more "complex" with game-rules, scoring, etc. Also, they are "easier" to fix and not as complex mechanics-wise.

I'm a newbie to EM's - I LOVE the artwork and the idea of "stepping it down" a notch or two from the "rip roarin'" ramps and animated DMD's. BUT, the only exposure I've had so far are to pins set-up at conventions where the playfield is almost flat, and the flippers are weak - they have played ssssllllooowwww and immediately lost my attention.

I like drop targets/spinners and the idea of having to have a strategy to get the most points, and the "bonus collect" idea. Theme doesn't matter.

So far I have trolled some threads and seen a lot of comments on some multi-player games - it looks like Surfer/Champ is a lot of fun amongst some others.

Volley looks like a really fun machine and is in my crosshairs. Jungle Princess/Queen looks fun but I hate that the targets don't reset until the ball drains.

So what would some game titles be that would win me over???

#18 7 years ago

So that's a good one 'eh EM-Pinman - now to locate one! There was one on Kentucky Craigs List - a beauty! Oh well...........

2 weeks later
    #20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

Quick Draw/Fast Draw is as good or better. You'd be equally as happy with it if you happen to find it sooner.

Thanks, I'm looking around............

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Sounds like with a wide open mind, which will should get you the best
    quick overall deal (without shipping).. I'd say once you have a machine on the
    hook with a price, you can pretty much count on getting spot on advice here
    if you should reel her in or not..

Appreciate all the help. I want to like the EM experience, I really do. All I've played are sssllloow with practically no angle and weak flippers.

Once I locate a few I'll be sure to ask about them.

-Nate

#24 7 years ago

Dasvis,

Thanks for the recommendation - I will be sure to do that.

I guess I'm just a product of the late70's early 80's machine days!!!

-N

#26 7 years ago

presqueisle;

Totally agree. My exposure so far hasn't been under the best of conditions.....

#28 7 years ago

O-din, thanks for your input. Will do some research on this one. I like the looks of those tricky kick-out holes with no "borders" around them!!

#32 7 years ago

Wowza, now the recommendations are coming in. Glad for them as Allentown is just around the corner.

I read that Grand Prix is kind of complicated mechanics-wise, plus being a four-player game. I think I would want a fully-working EM for my first go-round.

yeah, is that a GAP in those "in" lanes - sneaky!!?!!

Don't have the space for 3 at a time, but once I get one, I figure it would be great to start trading so I could try others.

Thanks guys.

#35 7 years ago

Single player games have less parts to keep going, but there is only one machine that I know of that has both spinners and drop targets.

Drops?? Didn't see any on Conquest 2000.

I see there's a Grand Prix for sale - but $1000???

Yes, I hear "Old Chicago" mentioned a lot - want to play that one.

Enjoying the conversation -

Nate

#40 7 years ago

Mopar:

That Sound Stage has great/tacky art!!! Wowsa.

I see a Surfer too!!

#42 7 years ago

Mopar, love the stories!

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's those two round targets next to the spinners

Gotcha, thanks.

#46 7 years ago

Abracadabra? Looks fun hitting the target to re-set drops.....

#48 7 years ago

Hi-Deal??

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

imo just ok at best

Was thinking that - too bad because I LOVE the art - wish it had drops like HangGlider does..............

Evel K looks fun, and I can "fudge" the EM experience by picking up the SS version!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_nate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-recommendations-1?tu=pinball_nate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.