Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by aahgo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN7522 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg
    IMG_0940 (resized).JPG
    20170403_155856 (resized).jpg
    20170403_155707 (resized).jpg
    20170403_155846 (resized).jpg
    20170403_155851 (resized).jpg
    20170403_155841 (resized).jpg
    20170403_155808 (resized).jpg
    20170403_155723 (resized).jpg
    FunPark (2) (resized).jpg
    BG (resized).jpg
    FunPark (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_150531274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_150511514 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_150115311 (resized).jpg
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have only found one game with a decent (actually great) spinner shot that matters. Gottlieb Fun Park.

To Gottlieb's merit, they sometimes did have interesting ways to incorporate the spinner. I forgot about Fun Park. Neat concept. Buccaneer's spinner is unique to, with that spin and spot feature.

The neatest use of a spinner that I've seen, imho, is Bally's Firecracker.

#102 7 years ago

Playfield is everything to me, if it's a horror show then I'm out. Kickout wear and minor planking won't deter me I'm descent at touchup.

Backglass must be a 7/8 or I'll hate the game.

With Ken and Dave giving me tips my cabinet repainting skillls are pretty good.

Mouse crap and a urine smell is a red flag for me. Cut, chewed or burnt wires are other step back and rethink signs.

Broken or missing plastics can be no big deal or forget it. Are they reproduced and how rare is the game ? Find out if there are there other versions of the playfield in add a ball or replay version . Example Cowpoke and Buckaroo total production 3856 . Flipper Cowboy 1000 With no replay version. But popularity of these games gives you repro plastics.

Also are there Webb or Shay glass available , I always look at this with $500 pins with a so so backglass

I agree too that gameplay is important and and variety. I like drop targets but i like kickout holes and spinners . I'm a huge roto target fan.

Cosmetics, certain colors like pastels and pinks aren't my cup of tea. Team one is a better game than Abra ca Dabra but the artwork blows. Theme too. Cowboys, Poker, Pool, or Space Themes are timeless. Take 3 games like Mibs, Bowling Queen, and Rack a Ball. Marbles? Who plays marbles anymore?? I'll take Bowling Queen over Rack a ball just because I like the head and coin door better.

Backbox animation and metal jewel posts just do It for me.

#103 7 years ago

I am most tolerant of CAB flaws
    and would consider most any pin with Cabinet flaws
    unless it was termite infested or had extensive wood rot/water damage
    to the point of being non repairable or structurally unsound.
    Next tolerant of PF flaws
    A little wear around the KOHoles and Pop bumpers or flipper rub or insert flames
    are OK as long as it is not massive.
    Probably want my Backglass to be as near perfect as possible,
    but will accept some crazing/crackling of paint or scratches
    or some small paint flake or GTB foam tape marks/discoloration,
    maybe even a little paint lifting;
    but if it gets to be more than 1 sq in, missing in one particular area
    or >2-3 sq in in total,
    i would be likely to pass unless i know repro BG is readily available.
    Again, if i walk up to a game and it is not immediately apparent or glaring right at me
    i will tolerate the imperfections.
    Again most of my collection is 30 yrs or older
    so u can not be too picky.

#104 7 years ago

That's pretty close to my own take on things. However, if there is a game that I really want to own from a gameplay standpoint, I will pick up a tattered version until a better copy comes along.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-price-factors-and-thoughts/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.