Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by NicoVolta
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

I've done an em only podcast (for amusement only) for about 450 episodes. Myself and the EM dungeon on Spooky pinball are the only two currently. The more the merrier.

I've done game overviews, repair info, a lot of technical stuff, interviews with players, restoration experts, collectors and one designer. I talk about bingos, bowlers, arcades, pitch and bats, flipper stuff, flipperless stuff, prewar, you name it.

My passion is really the oral history and technical stuff. Game overviews I do mostly to show the depth and breadth of EM design.

If you do decide to do it, I'd love to hear it.

#24 4 years ago

I would add to the list of knowing how to record and edit a podcast that you should get reliable hosting. You definitely get what you pay for.

I've used libsyn for the past four or five years (since the inception of mine) and they have never screwed up in the slightest. Stay away from 'free' services like podcast garden and SoundCloud. Fewer missing files, great stat tracking, etc.

Also, I would suggest coming up with a schedule and sticking to it. I was daily for the first year, then bi-weekly ever since. It helps with listener retention and keeps your interest up as well.

My show started with segments like those listed above, but it was easier to script without. There are only so many mechanisms. I've always given interviews, when they occur, the entire episode. Other information waits until the next episode. This makes the interview episodes less dated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-podcast-interest?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.