(Topic ID: 79419)

EM Pinball - stuck on ball 1, when ball drops nothing happens

By doctor_coley

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

Hey doctor_coley, nice catch on the bonus unit. Glad you were able to find a fix.

Usually, there's no need for lubrication at all. The sticking is probably caused by a previous owner or route operator applying grease too liberally where there was no need. The best solution, if this continues to be a problem, is to partially disassemble the unit, swap in a new nylon coil sleeve for the affected coil, and clean the plunger with some kind of solvent. Coil sleeves are cheap. Some friction in the point of rotation for the stepper unit could also be caused by gunk or congealed grease, and the prescription is the same: take it apart and clean it. Sometimes you can wrap the spring tighter, too, but I'd clean it up first. Let us know how you make out.

And, welcome to Pinside! I don't know anywhere else I could meet a Bronco-owning Copenhagener.

2 weeks later
#35 10 years ago

Oh Doctor, you're done for. Congratulations on the machine!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-stuck-on-ball-1-when-ball-drops-nothing-happens?tu=textrivers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.