6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grayman_em.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I've noticed (because I collect EM's) that some prices are starting to slip or going down on some EM pinballs. One that isn't really selling lately and I have noticed getting cheaper is Four Million B.C. . I have noticed it slipping below $1,000.00. Also Target Alpha has been getting lower and I think saturated the market. Any others that you have noticed?

#nip-it and Sonic Prospector have been moving up I saw a Nip-it for over $2,000.00 and a Prospector for around $2,000.00. Maybe greed but they aren't rare. Any other EM's on the way up^ .

#6 6 years ago

Even EM pinballs that need work some are $500.00 or more. I have never given $500.00 for a pin that didn't work.

Quoted from RonSS:

People use pristine examples as their starting point, even though theirs "just needs a fuse"

Which can and will grow with everything you find that doesn't work as you go along.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

This drives me crazy when they always bring ebay into the discussion. As mentipned prices way too high and more of an advertisement for business.

That's somewhat of the problem I think. Collector vs. Dealer selling, if possible I would buy off a collector but it's hard to identify which has the pin unless they have their shop in their info next to their avatar?

zacaj don't count it higher they can go until the market collapses on itself.

#11 6 years ago

rufessor some is greed as I saw a Ro Go for $1,500.00 which some were saying was the worst EM made. Even in the auction Sunday the El Toro went for $600.00 which was high and another EM that was talked about being the worst.

I am starting to think if we talk about in here at pinside that may in a little way drive the price? Does that make any sense?

#15 6 years ago

We are like Ebay in a way that people will lurk or ask about prices here and see what the collectors are talking about. Kind of scary that you can drive the market so easily like they did before the SECC. Unload your machines and watch the market collapse or correct after prices get to high.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

Also one thing i used to do is check different mr pinball price guides for trends.

Mr. Pinball is almost as bad as Ebay now a days. True you could find a bargain on there, but now it's just sky high!

Added: By the way Nic I don't blame you, every hobby needs a fall guy.

#30 6 years ago

Saw a Four Million B.C. on CL for $600.00 but didn't work. I think still needs to come down some. Saw a Faces that worked on CL for $2900.00 and another that didn't for $400.00. The $2900.00 has been there for several weeks and not sold.

#50 6 years ago

ebay.com link: like

Got to love it. Skylab $1,999.00 98% working, wonder where the other 2% is?

Mine $600.00 and well not perfect it is well worth the price.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

One thing I have discovered that EM's will always have over their digital counterparts is longevity and serviceability.

Whereas, with an EM... you can basically fix almost anything with a rock and some wire. Well, I oversimplify there but you get the idea. Even the most arcane one-off parts could be remade with common tools more readily accessible to the average hobbyist or supplier. There's something to be said for that!

If this was Gilligan's Island wouldn't that be with bamboo and cocoanuts?

#57 6 years ago

100%

1 week later
#69 6 years ago

Short flippers ok, 3' flippers ok, Paul Bunyan (1968) with 6 flippers just to much!

Even 4 flippers sometimes bother me.

1 month later
#71 6 years ago

On the way up with this ad from Mr. Pinball! Flash! Really?

Flash, 1978 Williams: 5000
Complete restoration, restored clearcoat playfield, cabinet, list too long. Email for list N pics.
Kenneth, Phone: (650) 400-0207
Burlingame, California 94010

Posted: 8 April 2018

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grayman_em.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-machines-prices-on-the-way-downon-the-way-up?tu=grayman_em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.