7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by malachi88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

A few months ago I bought my first machine (1978 Zaccaria "Queens Castle") It was in good condition however had a huge problem with rust. I've been solidly working on restoring the machine and its looking great and plays even better! I'd love to work on another EM machine however I'm struggling to find many for sale within the UK.

I'm very new to the hobby and therefore don't really have any connections within the community so currently I've been relying on eBay and there's nothing too exciting cropping up.

I was wondering if there are many people on here from the UK and if I'm missing something as I'm so keen to keep restoring machines!

James

#2 7 years ago

Hi James
    Im in the UK and have a Nautilus and a Skylab plus whoa nellie wich is not quite Em but has the looks.
    Have you joined pinballinfo.com which is a uk centric forum and would allow you to connect with more uk peeps.
    Good luck with the restore and I guess well be bidding against each other for the slim pickings
    Moose

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mooseman:

Hi James
    Im in the UK and have a Nautilus and a Skylab plus whoa nellie wich is not quite Em but has the looks.

Have you owned that Nautilus for long? There was one in eBay a few months ago and I was trying to decide whether to buy that one or the queens castle. I hope it's playing well? I haven't heard of that website but I will check it out for sure!

Where about did you find the Woah Nellie? That machine looks great from what I've seen it it.

James

#4 7 years ago

Bought the Nautilus of fleabay in the summer, all the way down in Cornwall. Made for a nice weekend away. Plays great and like majority of zaccs the playfields seem bullet proof.
    Hows yours looking?
    Nellie i got NIB i thought it was stunning to look at and such a cheeky theme.
    I have a chicargo coin em gun game to restore next, will make a change from pins

Moose

2 weeks later
    #5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mooseman:

Bought the Nautilus of fleabay in the summer, all the way down in Cornwall. Made for a nice weekend away. Plays great and like majority of zaccs the playfields seem bullet proof.
    Hows yours looking?
    Nellie i got NIB i thought it was stunning to look at and such a cheeky theme.
    I have a chicargo coin em gun game to restore next, will make a change from pins
    Moose

Yours was possibly the machine i was considering too then! Glad youre enjoying yours mines playing well and your right abbout the playfields! I bought my necond machine (already) last week Ballys "4 queens" has those strange flippers that can close so im looking forward to picking that up on tuesday!

James

3 weeks later
    #6 7 years ago

I'm in the UK and got my first em pinball from this guy https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/87287574@N03/ he is based in ramsgste but does deliver depending on how far u are but i'm two hours away from him and he still delivered to me for free and gave me fantastic customer service. He pretty much only owns n sells em machines but does sometimes sell solid states too he fixs up the machines not quite restore but then sells them I'd recommend him

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-machines-in-the-uk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.