• Latest reply 5 months ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nordamatic Champion (resized).PNG

#1 5 months ago

Hello, I am very much a newbie to pinball restoration and I'm looking for some help and advice please. I have a Nordamatic Champion EM pinball (1975- All the parts are Gottlieb),which I have now got working. However, when the ball drops into either of what I call a pocket (there are two of them one next to each other, see photo), it normally gets ejected after a short period. This happens most of the time but every now and again it doesn't get ejected. I have checked the contacts underneath the pocket and they are clean and making and breaking correctly. Unfortunately I do not have the schematic for this pinball. Look forward to any suggestions as to what the issue may possibly be? Regards. Peter.

Nordamatic Champion (resized).PNG
#2 5 months ago

Hard to say without the schematic, but probably the contacts/switch in the eject hole operate a relay which operates a score motor (gives you the score for entering the hole), and operates a solenoid to kick the ball out. Look for a label on the relays like "eject hole" or something like that. If all else fails, clean and adjust every switch contact on every relay.

#3 5 months ago

What happens when they don't kick out? Does the ball just sit there? Does the motor turn? If you jiggle the ball stuck in the hole will it kick out?

Since it works most of the time you have a good opportunity to study it while it works (with the playfield up) and see if you can figure out what doesn't happen when it doesn't work.

/Mark

#4 5 months ago

I've got a "jiggle the ball" issue with my Duotron that happens rarely enough that I have not spent a lot of time trying to resolve yet - usually a little nudging (not enough to tilt) triggers an eject. I've been at that ball sensor switch a few times - it's been too sensitive at times (triggers randomly due to game vibration) and not sensitive enough (does not reject reliably)

I'd also say if it happens to both holes it's less likely to be the sensor switch and to look elsewhere.

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from JudeRussell:

not sensitive enough

The contact points on the end of the leaf blade still making good electrical contact ? You might have to pound them tight again or solder them on.

LTG : )

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside