Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RetroDad65
  • Topic is favorited by 329 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Fast-Draw-Work-23 (resized).jpg
    0Fast-Draw-Work-22 (resized).jpg
    0Shangri-La-Work-33.jpg
    schematic (resized).jpg
    Schematic scan 2 (resized).jpg
    Schematic scan 1 (resized).jpg
    Jack Layout.pdf (PDF preview)
    cam timing.pdf (PDF preview)
    Lug_ID.png
    Flipper_Strength_Range.png
    Flipper_Ckt.gif
    Flux_Lines.gif
    20161106_105952_resized (resized).jpg
    Special_1_lite_tst_c_(resized).png
    Special_1_lite_tst_b_(resized).png
    Special_1_lite_tst_a_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 6 years ago

Damn. I was doing so good until the schematics started showing up, then it all went downhill.

When looking at the schematic, my assumption is that power always goes from left to right? I know it's a stupid question, but I can't even find a "starting point" to follow power flow when looking at the schematic.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

(Edit) I went back to the beginning of this topic and now I can see how this can get confusing. Probably for the sake of keeping it simple, many of the example diagrams show the power coming from a battery. That battery is a DC source. But that's not the way an EM works. The source is AC. So the current doesn't flow in one direction from + to - like in a DC circuit when the switches close to complete the circuit. The current goes back and forth in both directions very rapidly. But everything still works the same as shown in the examples. Just don't get caught up in the plus and minus aspect of the battery. Again, in the end it is the application of the voltage that is more important than the current flow.

That's where I got lost. I was able to follow it from the battery in the diagrams, but once it went to the schematics, I got lost because there wasn't a way for me to follow the power flow.

So does the power come from both sides of the schematic? The OP indicates that both vertical lines on the schematics are bus bars, so does that mean that current can flow from either side?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.