• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EuroSoundboard (resized).jpg
EuroSoundboard1 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Got a game in for repair, 1975 Gottlieb FAST DRAW. Game has been to Germany at some point in time. Has solid state sound board(s), not Wico. Wires spliced into the chime wire loom only. Black and white wire soldered to the top board, green wire to the middle board, red wire to the bottom, assume for three different sounds? Speaker wires soldered to the top board only. No separate power supply wire like Wico has. No maker's label obvious. First time encountering one of these. Was wondering if anyone else has come across and is familiar with this?

EuroSoundboard (resized).jpgEuroSoundboard (resized).jpgEuroSoundboard1 (resized).jpgEuroSoundboard1 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

If game is currently set up to play at 115V American I would find a proper chime unit (I recently purchased on here for a good price) and remove the early sound unit for further study. I would like to hear it though, gotta be primitive.

#3 5 years ago

A good guess is that each board has its own sound, 3 boards to replace 3 chimes? Can you photograph the speaker better? Does it have any further info on it?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

A good guess is that each board has its own sound, 3 boards to replace 3 chimes?

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, it’s probably safe to say that they generate their own power from the game, given each board has its own little transformer, and what I presume to be a power regulator.

3 months later
#5 5 years ago

Looks home made, likely based on an Elektor magazine diagram. Can you please take a close-up of the ICs? Or even better, make a sound recording? Does the pot-meter change the pitch or duration?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pin-electronic-sound-not-wico?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.