Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Boatcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My only EM has decided to glitch. When starting a game it continuously clicks like it is trying to rest the scores to 0. My guess is a stuck switch but I don't know where to start troubleshooting. The pin had a lot of play last night.

Thanks,

Robert

#2 5 years ago

Why the duplicate thread?

#3 5 years ago

Sounds like the game doesn't recognize all score reels are on "0." You need to check the 3 switches on each score reel in the head. You should be able to see all 3 switches with a good flashlight, without touching anything. They should all be open at 0. On Aztec, you'll have a total of 16 score reels to check, and remember, you have several reels to compare to. Once you find the switch that is wrongfully closed, opening it will have the machine recognize the ball in the out-hole and will serve it to the shooting lane. The score motor will then finally come to rest.

#4 5 years ago

Sorry for the duplicate thread. Posted first to generic tech and then realized I should probably post to EM. My bad. Should have drained the first one.

Thanks, I will check the score reels. Totally over my head when it comes to EM pins.

Robert

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

You'll have a total of 16 score reels to check, and remember, you have several reels to compare to.

Sorry, forgot how late this model is. There will be a total of 20 score reels to check switches on. The number of score reels alone made this problem very common back in the days of operating this game commercially.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-noob-aztec-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.