You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
0Shangri-La-Work-18 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jfoust:

Update for everyone - I finally got to spend some time going through the machine a few days ago after studying the manuals, etc. Here's where things went:
1) I dissembled and cleaned all steppers. This did nothing to improve things, but it was probably a good thing to do on a machine of this age, and now I know how they work, and know that they are clean and functioning as they should.
2) rolf_martin_062 was correct - turns out one of the switches on the Game Over relay wasn't making good contact. It was close enough that as I went through the switches the first time, it appeared okay, but on closer inspection, it was not quite closing well enough. Adjusting that switch got most everything going, and got the game to always start up in 'game over' mode instead of starting mid-game, or not starting at all.
3) I also found the wire that goes to the playfield feature lights from the Tilt Relay was loose, and popped off at some point. Clipped, stripped, and re-soldered those wires, and now everything works there.
So we're playing games start to finish just fine now!
My next issue that I've discovered now that I have a working machine, I haven't quite managed to solve yet:
When your bonus is totaled at the end of a ball, it's not adding all the points, but it only has a problem in single bonus mode. Example - if you have 10,000 points, and the 5,000 bonus is lit in single bonus and you drain, you end up with usually 13,000 or 14,000 points. In double bonus, you end up at 20,000 just like you should, and triple bonus works as well.
Also you'll randomly start a ball with double bonus lit, and every now and again triple bonus. This might be happening one out of 12 balls or so, and it's not necessarily happening if you had double bonus on your last ball., so it's not like something gets stuck on.. Any thoughts as to what could cause these two issues?

Rolf is always correct. Man is a rock star. Always a huge help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-newbie-with-super-flite-issues?tu=Pauz21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.