Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by cevans82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

i may have a shot at a 1962 mardi gras. not sure of the condition of the machine i havent seen it in person. the pic i have is of the playfield it looks great. i know they only made 1100 or so. does anyone have more info that would be helpful to me.

#2 12 years ago

Maldoror/HDC ???? He's one of your best bets for EM advice. I know the 4 player EM's are the most difficult to work on after his help with my A-Go-Go that is still just sitting waiting for someone to pick up and buy super cheap. I have about $150 in it and can't seem to give it away.

#3 12 years ago

$300 - $450 price guide suggest - looks lack luster and boring however pictures can be a bit mis leading, could look a lot better in person these early 60s Wms. pins are either hit or mis Cevans82
So you got to go with your 'Gut' on this one.

Also ask the cat if theres a on/off switch under the cabinet ?

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=mardi+gras&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1544

#4 12 years ago

thanks for the info. i am supposed to check it out in person next week. a friend of a friend has it and says its just collecting dust and she want to get rid of it so i am gonna atleast check it out. is it good or bad if theres a switch. i dont know much about em's

#5 12 years ago

Well..........the older EMs (not sure what year they changed) were always on,
if plugged in the wall the transformer was 'on' having a Switch (or adding one )will turn it off
if it's an unmolested pin it will not have a on/off under the cab. if it does you may want to look even harder for hack jobs to the start up sec. - it can be a headache undoing a free play mod done 30 years ago that now looks just as dirty as the other components around it.

Of course with Wms. being sold/ bought a few times, I think around the early 60s Seaburg the jukebox co. took them over and went to a longer drop front end cab. just to fit there coin mech.
but only for a few years then went back to the std. form.

Yeah check it out. I've seen a few dogs on the IPD that looked a lot better in real space
and for the right price and distance could be a worth while project.
- good luck

#6 12 years ago

cool thanks for the tips they will be very helpful!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-machine-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.