(Topic ID: 19)

EM machine problem

By Pinhead76

15 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 15 years ago

I have an Old Chicago that does not send the ball to the shooter after it falls in the outhole. I see a leaf switch underneath where the ball goes that I can close and it will send the ball as it should. The problem is that there is no way for the ball to touch the leaf switch. It seems to be mounted about 1/2 inch aside from directly underneath the ball return where I would imagine it should be. It doesn't look like it ever has been modified and that it has always been there. Is there a piece that I'm missing? Thank you very much for your help.

#2 15 years ago

I'm not very knowledgeable on EM machines but it sounds like you are missing a part, are you sure nothing came of the leaf switch? Is the leaf itself broken? Did you find any loose parts in the cabinet?

#3 15 years ago

no, the leafs aren't broken, and I don't see any missing parts, thanks

1 month later
#4 15 years ago

sometimes the leaf has a bend in it that goes above where the ball will rest after a drain,
kind of like the letter 'P' but 90* to the left.
Yours may have broken off check to see if an extra piece of metal exist in the switch stack
and look for any broken parts under the large relay board
you can bend your own with a scrap piece of metal and place it in the leaf switch stack.
I'll look at the 1970 Bally I havent fixed yet and try to get you a photo,
good luck with it.

#5 15 years ago

I checked the 1970 Bally pin in the garage and found that a small peg or barrel fits on the end of that switch leaf and thats what the ball rests on, it's 3/16 wide and 7/16 long with a smaller pin on the end (3/32 dia.) that goes through the the sw. and looks like a rivet type conection. (sorry I cant find my metric conv. chart) I bet it just fell off and may still be in the machine. I have two photos from my machine that I took tonight if you want them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-machine-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.