7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jreedie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

A few weeks back I put my pride and joy, my very first machine that I restored on a location in a pub 5 minutes away from my house. The machine is a 1978 "Queens Castle" by Zaccaria.

I'm so happy knowing that other people are enjoying the machine like it was supposed to be enjoyed however on so paranoid about something happening to it. The old girl has been taking a steady flow of 50p's (62¢ a game) since it's been on the location and I was pleasantly surprised with how much it's been taking.

I've had a few callouts so far for strange issues and when I've arrived there's never been anything wrong and I plan to fully LED the machine next week to stop it from getting so hot, even though I prefer the look of incandescent bulbs.

Was just wondering if anybody else has put any of their EM games on location and whether these old machines are capable of running for 11ish hours a day anymore as I'm so concerned about mine.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I'd cut out a piece of Perspex (that's what you call Plexiglas, I believe) the size of the backglass, and mount it over the front of the backglass just in case someone hurls a bottle. LEDs for an on-location game are perfectly understandable, even in an EM. Always thought about running some games, but in my area, you might wake up next to a horse's head if you know what I mean.

That's a brilliant idea about the Perspex I never thought of that! Yeah sadly I know exactly what you mean. The croud this location draws seem to be a decent bunch so fingers crossed the machine will be safe there. I went to empty the cash box the other day and a waitress ran over and had a go at me because she thought I was breaking into the machine, only when I explained I was the owner emptying the money did she apologise. But it reassured me that they're looking out for the games welfare.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jreedie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-machine-on-location?tu=jreedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.