12%

(49 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6405_(resized).JPG
Used_backglasses_for_sale_011_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
20160327_195602_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've had a JO going on 13 years now and it's not going anywhere..........that's where my vote is but it looks as if I'm in the minority here. Never played a Lucky Hand.

I'm with you Hoov. I HAVE played both and LH didn't change my negative opinion of AAB games. They can go on forever..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It took me many years to piece together a nice JO and it would probably be 2nd to the last to leave my Wedgeheads.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from frb:

Is add a ball really pinball. I thought it was just to skirt the gambling laws (kind of like non alcoholic beer)

As an AAB hater: Yes, AAB is real pinball. It certainly is leaps and bounds better than Virtual Pinball. Its still physical pinball. Its just the implementation of awards that make it less than desirable to me. Of course, I grew up in Replay territory and still like "worthless" replays in the home environment over extended game play. I guess I like a like to see light at the end of the tunnel. Not a darkness that can go on for an eternity.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Since I like EM hacks, here's a little challenge I took on a few years ago while with Team EM. Hopefully someone will find it interesting.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Hacking_a_Gottlieb_Lucky_Hand
Steve

Steve,
Nice mod and write up. Reading through the first part, it was easy to see that adding a 100,000 stepper requires less work than adding a 5 step WOW unit while logically, one would have thought moving the 10 plus lamp wires would have been harder. .... Live and learn!

I assume the game therefore awards score wows on every threshold within the 00,000 to 99,000 range repeating for each 100,000 too?

Or did you somehow address this later?

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Who knows the difference in game play rules between AcD and Team One?

Well, it would seem that there is quite a bit different between the two.

ACD has a 1 - 4 sequence with the top roll overs repeated down as the flipper feed lanes.
TO has a 1 - 6 sequence where each number is represented in only one place on the playfield.

ACD has the incremental bonus value for the Lit drop targets.
TO has just about everything scoring 5000 when lit unless also worth a WOW!.

Not having played my TO in ages, are the Drop Target banks also split into a left and right feature or do you have to get all 10 down to light the WOW?

This makes me wonder why people often say that TO has the better rules? Is it only because ACD tops out as a special fest once you have run the bonus value past 5000?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-jacks-open-or-lucky-hand-poll?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.