• 1977 Gottlieb Jacks Open (Replay) 20 votes
    43%
  • 1977 Gottlieb Lucky Hand (AAB) 21 votes
    45%
  • Toss-Up in my mind 6 votes
    13%

(47 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6405_(resized).JPG
Used_backglasses_for_sale_011_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
20160327_195602_(resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Who knows the difference in game play rules between AcD and Team One?

Well, it would seem that there is quite a bit different between the two.

ACD has a 1 - 4 sequence with the top roll overs repeated down as the flipper feed lanes.
TO has a 1 - 6 sequence where each number is represented in only one place on the playfield.

ACD has the incremental bonus value for the Lit drop targets.
TO has just about everything scoring 5000 when lit unless also worth a WOW!.

Not having played my TO in ages, are the Drop Target banks also split into a left and right feature or do you have to get all 10 down to light the WOW?

This makes me wonder why people often say that TO has the better rules? Is it only because ACD tops out as a special fest once you have run the bonus value past 5000?

#52 3 years ago

Thanks, it was a fun project/challenge to do. I wish I could answer your question but for the life of me, I can't remember. That particular game hasn't been set up for quite a while. All I could remember is that the game has two different ways to play it and the challenge was to get both features at the same time so I had to split the stepper unit in two to do it. I think this mod might work on other AAB games as well.

Steve

Quoted from CactusJack:

Steve,
Nice mod and write up. Reading through the first part, it was easy to see that adding a 100,000 stepper requires less work than adding a 5 step WOW unit while logically, one would have thought moving the 10 plus lamp wires would have been harder. .... Live and learn!
I assume the game therefore awards score wows on every threshold within the 00,000 to 99,000 range repeating for each 100,000 too?
Or did you somehow address this later?

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

TO has a 1 - 6 sequence where each number is represented in only one place on the playfield.
TO has just about everything scoring 5000 when lit unless also worth a WOW!.
Not having played my TO in ages, are the Drop Target banks also split into a left and right feature or do you have to get all 10 down to light the WOW?

TO has 1-6, but numbers 5-6 have hidden targets and roll through switches to light them, so two ways.
Drops are 500, but 5000 when lit (the soccer balls light up and rotate so you need to chase them).
Banks are separated for Wows.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

TO has 1-6, but numbers 5-6 have hidden targets and roll through switches to light them, so two ways.
Drops are 500, but 5000 when lit (the soccer balls light up and rotate so you need to chase them).
Banks are separated for Wows.

Yup, that is how it works. If I had a time capsule........... HEY ED, Dude Soccer sucks, you put that ACD theme out there in add a ball, and you will sell a few thousand machines that will be one of the most sought after Wedgeheads.

#55 3 years ago

Hey I don't like cards but I like Jacks Open.

#56 3 years ago

Jacks Open All Day! Well....because I have one and that game can own you sometimes! I really like replays better than Add a Balls. But when you have all your games set on free play the replay doesn't mean that much, except for hearing that knocker! Nothing like the victory of hearing that knocker.

IMG_6405_(resized).JPG

#57 3 years ago

You hear the knocker a lot more often on add-a-balls, and it means something!
I really love the 100,000 light on "JO" though. It's much better than the one on "LH".

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Vic I owned both they sat side by side for 5 months. The big difference I saw was the target behind the drops on the upper tier on TO. And I was the guy who snagged ACD in Allentown 3 years ago. BTW you know me as Wedgehead Killer .

He knows who you are now, Rizzo!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 14.00
$ 89.99
$ 39.50
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 234.99
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.95
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside