Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you high-tap your EMs?”

• Yes 33 votes
      38%
    • No 55 votes
      63%

(88 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vroom (resized).jpg
    vroom2 (resized).jpg
    0Bang-Bang-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

"I don't want all the steppers and relays and reels clacking themselves harder than necessary."
    Well if that thinking was true, put your game on low-tap.
    Yea sure, that will make it live longer (no it won't duh.)
    high tap doesn't beat steppers or score reels more. trust me, nothing you're going to do to your games is going to compare to what they've been thru in the first 5 years of their lives. they are living in retirement in your basement right now. Even on the highest of high tap, it's like they're on social security and getting up at 9am in the florida sunshine compared to what they got when new.
    We have over 100 EM games at the Ann Arbor pinball museum. I would say easily 75 percent are on high tap. And have been for the time i've owned them (so 20+ years for some games.) And they get played A LOT. out of this time, NOT ONCE, not a single time, have we had to replace a coil stop or a plunger or anything. So they're not "kicking themselves to death", trust me. Now when they came in, coil stops and plungers were replaced. But in the 20 years since, nothing.
    So PLEASE just stop this bullcrap that high tap is going to punish your game. We have actual live evidence that this is crap, opposed to dumb conjecture.

Tough but fair.

I almost always hi tap my EMs to zero negative consequences. And it just makes them punchier.

Can’t say I’m a fan of yellow dot coils. I’ve taken them out before.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-high-tap-poll?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.