Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by tuffano
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    th-649.jpeg
    #1 9 years ago

My row of Gottlieb EMs stands with the lockbar about 37.5" off the ground. My modern Sterns are at around 36". Did the standard height for the front of a pin change at some point, to make pinball more kid-friendly?

Can someone with a row of Gottliebs please measure the distance from the floor to the top of the lockbar?

#2 9 years ago

I think it has something to do with more slope of the play field. Also, are your levelers adjusted the same (all the way in)?

#3 9 years ago

Is this serious

#4 9 years ago

Yes fiberdude, this is serious. Very serious.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

I think it has something to do with more slope of the play field. Also, are your levelers adjusted the same (all the way in)?

Front levelers are all the way in.

#6 9 years ago

Bump...anyone?

#7 9 years ago

when i measured "jacks open" height for someone awhile back, it came in at just a bit over 38" from the floor to the top of the lockdown bar, levelers screwed all the way in...

that could end up being a bit lower if you remove the jam nuts...

i'd have to measure to see if all of them are the same height, but visually, they appear to be...

it would not surprise me if a ss stern was different that an em gtb... i don't believe that there were any iso standards for pinball machine heights...

#8 9 years ago

Some of the Gottlieb EMs used longer legs which gave them a taller stance. My Buckaroo came with "short legs"(not original) which evened it out with some of the other machines

#9 9 years ago

I'm tempted to put a 2" riser in front of my EM row. It just feels off compared to playing the newer pins.

#10 9 years ago

Just get yourself some of these.
    th-649.jpegth-649.jpeg

#11 9 years ago

Those might not be a good idea

image.jpgimage.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-height-vs-dmd-height and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.