Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a5e77b802fb153fcc221c876b152e61994b4e9a5 (resized).jpg
6EC5B0AD-C9F5-44C0-A590-1DF9D05EA370 (resized).jpeg
C0E1AD27-E79B-4B66-9EFD-0BB584742941 (resized).jpeg
74C99A6F-53C5-4C26-987B-F82BF4E8218F (resized).jpeg
F7E95EF9-DC6A-45FD-B1C3-C00156561E89 (resized).jpeg
0DE3CD79-E22F-45EE-9AC0-2DEF02FB501D (resized).jpeg
56D65C6B-A67B-4952-B37C-886AB4E5843D (resized).jpeg
1A3CA929-535A-4472-85E5-3535C93BDB04 (resized).jpeg
0100041B-DCA6-4B7B-B1AD-7B98E4816470 (resized).jpeg
8F690BF9-44C2-4630-9807-D3D7F0238E4F (resized).jpeg
0822558F-C39F-4116-9567-8F065D690B11 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0810 (resized).JPG
5F20E8D6-6D96-4A41-98F9-34D280CA8D42 (resized).jpeg
96A66637-F53A-40BA-ACDC-7EB3F5966C13 (resized).jpeg
0946E4CF-E1B8-4AC9-9133-4A3405F09C4F (resized).jpeg
26BA7A8A-0C4B-4AEC-973D-C30024498EA7 (resized).jpeg

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 25 days ago

Agreed. I'd hate the part it out, but with no head it's looking more and more likely.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Damn, that's a tough one! Still looking for a Bally "Campus Queen" head myself.

#102 25 days ago

Looking for a complete head for a Neptune. BG is not needed

Alex

#103 24 days ago
Quoted from pintoys:

Alex

The head of your "Neptune" rotted away in a shed in Fort Edward, NY
many years ago. I saw it! I hope there's another loose one around that finds it's way to you.

#104 24 days ago

Me too...

#105 24 days ago

neptune is a great game, we could build one from scratch... biggest thing we need is a AAB ball count unit

#106 24 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

neptune is a great game, we could build one from scratch... biggest thing we need is a AAB ball count unit

and finding those score reels

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1662&picno=43008&zoom=1

#107 24 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The head of your "Neptune" rotted away in a shed in Fort Edward, NY
many years ago. I saw it! I hope there's another loose one around that finds it's way to you.

Yeah who had it? Even if rotten the parts are worthwhile. I’ve picked up toasted backboxes for the parts

#108 23 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yeah who had it? Even if rotten the parts are worthwhile. I’ve picked up toasted backboxes for the parts

Heck yes! I pick up every parts machine I can get, you never know when it will come in handy

#109 23 days ago

This was a very long time ago. I once visited the legendary upstate NY operator Guido DelSignore. He had pinball tonnage. Literally a mountain of backbox inserts stacked in a corner of his basement! In a damp side room with a dirt floor was a "Neptune" backbox which was completely falling apart and rotting away.
Fast forward to the present day, the "Neptune" body that pintoys owns came from Mr. DelSignore when his "collection" was liquidated after his passing.
It went through a few people before ending up with pintoys, and I in fact had a chance at it, but passed. Although it's likely that Mr. DelSignore owned several copies of "Neptune" (or maybe not), the fact that this particular one which came from him headless, leads me to believe that it's likely the body which belonged to the head I saw rotting on that dirt floor. It's also possible that this very game is the very first "Neptune" machine I ever saw and played on location in an arcade at Lake George, NY back in the late '70s. Mr. DelSignore ran all the location games in Lake George, and probably all of northern NY state.
I believe I have a film photograph of that game somewhere. If I find it, I'll scan it and post it here.

#110 23 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

This was a very long time ago. I once visited the legendary upstate NY operator Guido DelSignore. He had pinball tonnage. Literally a mountain of backbox inserts stacked in a corner of his basement! In a damp side room with a dirt floor was a "Neptune" backbox which was completely falling apart and rotting away.
Fast forward to the present day, the "Neptune" body that pintoys owns came from Mr. DelSignore when his "collection" was liquidated after his passing.
It went through a few people before ending up with pintoys, and I in fact had a chance at it, but passed. Although it's likely that Mr. DelSignore owned several copies of "Neptune" (or maybe not), the fact that this particular one which came from him headless, leads me to believe that it's likely the body which belonged to the head I saw rotting on that dirt floor. It's also possible that this very game is the very first "Neptune" machine I ever saw and played on location in an arcade at Lake George, NY back in the late '70s. Mr. DelSignore ran all the location games in Lake George, and probably all of northern NY state.
I believe I have a film photograph of that game somewhere. If I find it, I'll scan it and post it here.

Of course it may have been this Neptune game you played

a5e77b802fb153fcc221c876b152e61994b4e9a5 (resized).jpg
#111 23 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh that’s really cool! I have talked to some old timers around here and people still talk about him. Did someone else pick up his torch? Some of the people I’ve talked to said to contact this mythical Lake George operator with pinball tonnage. Very funny. It’s only about 20 minutes from my house!

#112 23 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Of course it may have been this Neptune game you played [quoted image]

That could very well be!

#113 23 days ago

Oh that’s really cool! I have talked to some old timers around here and people still talk about him. Did someone else pick up his torch? Some of the people I’ve talked to said to contact this mythical Lake George operator with pinball tonnage. Very funny. It’s only about 20 minutes from my house!

Yeah, I was going to say that's right up in your neck of the woods.
Sadly, the arcades in Lake George once teeming with EM pins, soon became totally devoid of any pinball machines at all when the video game craze hit. I don't know what they're like today as I haven't been there in a long time.
Guido was one of a kind in a golden age.

#114 23 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, I was going to say that's right up in your neck of the woods.
Sadly, the arcades in Lake George once teeming with EM pins, soon became totally devoid of any pinball machines at all when the video game craze hit. I don't know what they're like today as I haven't been there in a long time.
Guido was one of a kind in a golden age.

They had a ton of 90’s pins. Someone posted back in the “What did you bring home” thread when they bought 12 games for only like 10k

They had Adams, Simpson’s, Elvis, TOM, basically every game you’d dream of but hadn’t been serviced since out of the box.

The owner just bought a Ghostbusters and WOZ and Deadpool, but he refuses to even wipe down the playfields cuz “his tech doesn’t like pinball” so it’s basically more of them same. There are 3 arcades in Lake George and all are disappointing. There is still the classic giant shooting gallery in Playland arcade which I think is from the 60’s.

#115 22 days ago

Have Williams Alpine Club Head. Kinda rough shape, no backglass......

#116 21 days ago
Quoted from pintoys:

Alex

PM sent, she (he) may live again

#117 21 days ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I need a head from either a Rack-A-Ball, Bowling Queen or Mibs.

Bump

#118 20 days ago

This is kind of a long-shot, Dennis, but the head on my restored Atlantis is really from an old Rack-a-Ball (I drilled four new holes to fit the different bolt spacing, but obviously that's not visible from the outside. I was going to repair it (it needs to be structurally fixed a a bit -- I can show you pics if you want) and then repaint it this summer.

If I can get a wedgehead head that is the right size for Atlantis in good shape, I'd be willing to consider a trade since I'm going to be repainting it anyway. Just a thought. PM me if interested in discussing.

#119 20 days ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

This is kind of a long-shot, Dennis, but the head on my restored Atlantis is really from an old Rack-a-Ball (I drilled four new holes to fit the different bolt spacing, but obviously that's not visible from the outside. I was going to repair it (it needs to be structurally fixed a a bit -- I can show you pics if you want) and then repaint it this summer.
If I can get a wedgehead head that is the right size for Atlantis in good shape, I'd be willing to consider a trade since I'm going to be repainting it anyway. Just a thought. PM me if interested in discussing.

I would think he needs the guts too... But Mark, if all you need is head shell... I has one

#120 20 days ago

I have set of just the score reels.

#121 20 days ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Thanks, but I need a complete head.

#122 20 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I would think he needs the guts too... But Mark, if all you need is head shell... I has one

Ken I might take you up on the head shell if in good shape. I'll PM you.

#123 20 days ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I have set of just the score reels.

very sweet!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 73.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
LightAndTimeArt
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside