• Latest reply 9 years ago by dtown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ta hack 002.JPG
ta hack 001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm working on a customers Target Alpha and pretty much going through everything even though the machine is playing.

Check out the hack to the right flipper. They picked off the 24V and ran it through a couple blocks to the flipper button switch. Then they installed an A-17875 coil.

So, I'm scratching my head wondering why they just didn't replace the A-1541 coil that was in there? Maybe a 15 minute job tops if you had the coil?

The right flipper barely worked. So, removed the hack, placed a A-1541 coil, re-wired the flipper button switch, and now the right flipper is working great.

ta hack 001.JPGta hack 001.JPG ta hack 002.JPGta hack 002.JPG
#3 9 years ago

Yep, all that for the right flipper. Left was factory untouched. I took the pics after I had re-done it.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Why people do things.
Non -pinball funny story: When i was younger i worked in a gas station w/ repairs and towing, so one day a guy pulls up in his car to get his gas and i notice a string attached between his two windshield wipers and more string attached to them and going through the driver and passenger window creating a loop.
Let me guess your wiper motor took a siesta.
Worst yet he also had a stick shift.
Heavy downpours must have been a workout.

Hilarious!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

It looks like a solid-state technician was sent to work on an EM. He probably only had an A-17875 coil on him, so he had to convert the voltage to DC with a rectifier. What a mess!

I thought the same thing. Didn't want to make a return trip back out there with the right coil. He knew how to solder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-hack-of-the-week?tu=hoov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.