(Topic ID: 96539)

EM guys: what are your thoughts on high-tap?

By swampfire

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-3-512.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHelp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 9 years ago

Generally-speaking, I think high-tapping is a way to compensate for not doing high-quality flipper assembly rebuilds. If you maintain the game well, you don't need to high tap.

I don't high-tap my games. I do sometimes put LEDs in to reduce the voltage drain. But I'm a big fan of making the games play the way the original designers intended. When you make the flippers a lot stronger you throw the balance and design of the game off. I also feel the same in many circumstances with clear-coating playfields, although I'm a proponent of it when it is necessary to preserve the game.

If you put a game on location, it's a different matter. High-tapping a game can probably increase the machine's earning and make the game more appealing and have the core functionality be solid for a longer amount of time. Tim Arnold is a fan of it for those reasons IMO.. if casual players like it and it earns, do it. But in a controlled environment where you want the game closest to the way it was originally designed, I advise against high-tapping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHelp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-guys-have-you-talked-to-your-kids-about-high-tap?tu=PinballHelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.