DSCN2947.JPG
208261-i.jpg
photo 2.JPG
Stats.jpg
P1010310.JPG
Jr`s door.JPG
PinsiderAge.png
41-50.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And in my first memories they shot Kennedy

I was in first grade. I remember the announcement coming over the PA speaker in the upper right corner of the classroom. They let us out of school, and my brother and I walked home as usual. Both of our parents worked, so we always came home to an empty house for a few hours, but this was earlier in the day because they let us out early. My brother says he remembers that we hid under the dining room table because we were afraid. If they could kill the president, then they could kill anyone. This is what he remembers us thinking. (I'm sure this posting will now be checked out by the NSA!)
The earliest recollection of an EM on site was a woodrail game somewhere. I was little, and I remember that the flippers worked even though the game was over. I wanted to play it, but I guess I was discouraged to do so by my dad, or some other adult who was there. Then, later on I recall a "Flipper Cowboy" at a department store arcade which I also never played. They had lots of pitch and bat games and two ball bowlers which I did play. The mid '70s were the glory days of EM pinball machines on location. It seemed that you couldn't avoid seeing pinball machines at every shopping mall or department store. We hung out at a local strip mall arcade that was loaded with classic wedgeheads and 2 and 4-player games as well. I saw many a legendary title arrive, fresh out of the box! Those were great times!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

I am theme specific on my EM machines. I bought 3 x Sky Jump and 2x Sky Kings. I still need the 1964 bally skydive machine to be complete. I made a best out of 3 for Sky Jump. I sold the second best I could put together. 3rd best was missing to much and will forever be my parts machine. I gave the 2nd best Sky Kings to the nice fellow who helped me move a ton of my junk. I am more of a speed / ramps / pretty toys type pinball person. I still love my Sky Diving themed pins though!

I'm still looking for a nice "Free Fall".

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Sounds like you're an add a ball type fellow.
Every "Free Fall" I have seen has been roached out (about 5-6 over the years).
If I saw a nicer looking one than mine, I would buy it. My sky jump has no planking and plays very very fast for an EM.
The only 3 decent Sky Jumps that I have seen, I have bought. My parts machine might be able to be resurrected, but I think it is worth more as parts. It is missing some drop targets and has some intermittent gremlins in the head. It has been in pieces for years now.
EDIT: If I had no projects, I would have bought one of the beat to hell ones I have seen and made another nice one with mine. I have a horribly long list of pins / arcades to service and tune up though!

Yeah, it's tough to find a "Free Fall" that's in good condition in the three major areas. Lots of reds in the backglass (bad), very popular and heavily played game= lots of playfield wear (bad). Cabinets were very often carved up or otherwise gouged, but some have passable cabinets. I'll pay up for a really nice one; I mean a REALLY nice one!

#40 9 years ago

"Hang Glider" is a good player. Take it for free if it's decent.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

100% The term is 'Latch Key Kids'. I was taught how to read a watch, use a key in a door. Then I was set. If a teacher asked why I had a key, the answer would be for the shed, to get my bike.

We lived in a semi-urban area which had some pretty bad elements not far away, so we had deadbolts on all the doors. I was a whiz at getting the keys in both locks and having the door open in about 6 seconds. If the weather was nice, we'd go outside anyway until after Mom came home and she called us in for dinner. It was a different world back then. The things we did growing up in a city back then. It's amazing we survived!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

1 have 2 EM only ; I am not fluent with this technology .
I understood the Gottlieb system, but didn't succeed with Williams EMs
The next EM machine i dream of ? Centigrade, or Royal flush.

P1010310.JPG 227 KB

Sheesh. If I had a "C-37*", I'd trade you for that "Canada Dry" in a heartbeat. We could meet like midway across the Atlantic.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

What, all the EM guys speak German?

All the German you need to know: Ein bier bitte........ Noch ein bier bitte!

#132 9 years ago

That would be "ja wohl".

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Just be thankful nobody is posting pics of themselves in lederhosen.... hahaha
- jeff

Mine don't fit anymore. Too much bier and bratwurst!

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Dutch?

download.jpg 14 KB

"If it bleeds, we can kill it!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-guys-and-girls-how-old-are-we?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.