DSCN2947.JPG
208261-i.jpg
photo 2.JPG
Stats.jpg
P1010310.JPG
Jr`s door.JPG
PinsiderAge.png
41-50.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 8 years ago

I'm 56 - so mostly 70s EMs in my lineup... mostly Gottliebs, but I like some of the Williams and Bally games from the mid to late 70s just the same. I have a few SS games - KISS, Whirlwind, FATHOM but my heart is with EMs...

Starting to get into some really old EMs from the 40s and 50s too... there are some wonderful players in that era, just give them a chance. Like all games though, they have to be playing top notch to get a true feel for how great these games can be.

Don O

7 years later
#238 9 months ago
Quoted from ChipS:

I'm in the over 60 group. Discovered EM pinball machines while a teenager in the arcades of Ocean City, Maryland (Playland, SportLand and the best pinball palace, Jim's Place!) during summer vacations. There were other arcades in Maryland that had pinball machines, but Ocean City was the only place where someone under 18 could play pinball without a parent or guardian present. (Because, you know, they were "gambling devices.") And it was HARD to convince my mother to take my brother and me to the smoke-filled arcades. So we spent most of our week in Ocean City playing pinball.
Just started collecting a few years ago and have focused on Gottlieb wedgeheads. I own Atlantis, Abra Ca Dabra, Jacks Open and one multi-player, Surf Champ. While I knew absolutely nothing about fixing/maintaining EMs when I started, the vets on Pinside have made it easy and I have grown to enjoy working on them.

Hey ChipS, we were probably in one or more of those arcades at the same time in OC back in the day. My parents would take us on vacation to either OC or Rehoboth from about 1970 to 1978, usually a two-week stint, and sometimes we could talk mom into a day trip or two each summer. I remember those arcades like yesterday, and spent hundreds of hours playing my favorite pins and pitch n bats. When I hit my 13th birthday my parents would let me take the city bus that ran from about 180th street down to where those arcades were... Id take off after dinner and get back around midnight. I bought my first pin in 1986 and still have it today, along with a small collection of mostly EMs and 3 SS games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-guys-and-girls-how-old-are-we?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.