DSCN2947.JPG
208261-i.jpg
photo 2.JPG
Stats.jpg
P1010310.JPG
Jr`s door.JPG
PinsiderAge.png
41-50.JPG

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Mine don't fit anymore. Too much bier and bratwurst!

My eyes are very thankful for bier and bratwurst...

#152 9 years ago

256 vote, well done you lot!
Maybe the biggest EM poll of all times

#153 9 years ago

Also 3 Pax's greater than 70 fantastic and 2 under twenty, EM will live on.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

256 vote, well done you lot!
Maybe the biggest EM poll of all times

Pretty much a perfect bell-chart distribution too

chart-399.pdfchart-399.pdf
#155 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Pretty much a perfect bell-chart distribution too

Or a witches hat, that would explain a lot!!

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I could go back to 1974 I would change nothing. It was a great time to be 12 years old.

Me too! 1962, what a grand year!

#157 9 years ago

I am 45 and recently got into pinball machines. Like many other I played them as a kid mostly at the skating rink. My kids like pinball and one of them and grandma found a Chicago coin sun valley at a garage sale this summer for $125. It needed A $7 score reel coil and a ton of cleaning. As soon as it was moved to the basement a week ago my daughter found roller coaster tycoon at another garage sale. My wife thought we should have one old and one new and the two we have are 40 years apart 1962 and 2002. Now I have my eyes on a williams cyclone that is broke at a local pizza place.

At the rate I am going I may have to move the ping pong table out.

1 week later
#158 9 years ago

266 votes, great effort

#159 9 years ago

Started playing em pinball in diapers and hope to go out the same way just hoping the machines last that long.

#160 9 years ago

38 and I love the challenge of repairing and restoring EM's. I've only been working on pins for about 6 years, but I cut my teeth on a Bally Trio. That was my first experience working on them and I've been hooked ever since.

1 week later
#161 9 years ago
Quoted from MC35:

38 and I love the challenge of repairing and restoring EM's. I've only been working on pins for about 6 years, but I cut my teeth on a Bally Trio. That was my first experience working on them and I've been hooked ever since.

Bally Trio... Great Pin...

#162 9 years ago

I don't think the "years young" is fooling anybody.... but it's a nice thought!

I've got 48 pins with only 3 of them being solid-states.

I started collecting around '98 but have been playing pinball since I was thirteen in '64.

Don't have any desire to add more solid-states but there's always another EM I would like to have. And I think there is always going to 'be' another EM that I want. So with this in mind, I have decided to call my collection complete. Because I don't want to become the collector who needs to live as long as Noah in the bible, in order to get to them all.

1 week later
#163 9 years ago

That is a MIGHTY collection!

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

That is a MIGHTY collection!

Thanks, Chrisbee!

Hopefully, it won't get any 'mightier'

#165 9 years ago

I'll be 56 in two weeks. I only have 3 pins, but 2 are EM. Third is Bally's Night Rider which came in both flavors.

My wife and I both like EM's. My older eyes and slower reflexes find them easier to play.

#166 9 years ago

I'm 48. My Dad managed a restaurant at The Plateau Bowling Alley in Watertown SD in the 70's. I remember going there & watching the pinball repair guy service the 10-15 pins. That's why I want at least 1 EM in my basement. I found out that bowling alley is no longer there. I called the historical society there to see if they had some old photos showing the pinball machines but they didn't find any.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Because I don't want to become the collector who needs to live as long as Noah in the bible, in order to get to them all.

You talking about me, glen?

#168 9 years ago

Are you kidding me?! Your tiny collection??

You should be able to knock 'that' out... in a couple of weekends!

4 months later
#169 9 years ago

67 going on 24 (in my head)!

#170 9 years ago

5 pins, 1 EM which is Heat Wave. It's the one EM I remember playing a lot as a youth.

#171 9 years ago

50 Have 5 Pins 3 of witch are EM The other 2 are early Gottlieb solid state. Now trying to talk price for a EM shuffle alley That will fit right in with the solid state alley i already have. As my grand sons get older they will love the old games.

#172 9 years ago

i'm old, so i forgot whether or not i posted in this thread...

51, and an em guy until they sprinkle my ashes in the sea...

#173 9 years ago

Not at sea I'm using one of my pins as an urn.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm old, so i forgot whether or not i posted in this thread...
51, and an em guy until they sprinkle my ashes in the sea...

51?!?!

Well, ya can't get any sympathy from ME.

#175 9 years ago

ALL 8 of my pins are EM! 6 Gottlieb 2 Bally

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

51?!?!
Well, ya can't get any sympathy from ME.

true, i had forgotten some around here are ancient enough to have crossed the atlantic on the mayflower...

Quoted from Dabcosr:

Not at sea I'm using one of my pins as an urn.

i have told my neighbor several times that i will be buried in one, which is why i SO badly wanted rotordave to hit the northeast with his hearse...

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

true, i had forgotten some around here are ancient enough to have crossed the atlantic on the mayflower...

Ouch!!

#178 9 years ago

coulda been worse... i coulda used the santa maria as the example...

#179 9 years ago

31 here and just starting to build a collection. So far 3 machines, 2 EM's, and a SS joker poker. Grew up playing a Jack's Open my parents had. I've always enjoyed pinball and now have a son of my own. I want him to grow up loving pinball the way I did so I started searching for an EM. Found a Target Pool and am now hooked

#180 9 years ago

62 and still adding more. Never stop collecting is my motto.

#181 9 years ago

A ride on the Santa Maria was a too high dollar ticket. But we got there.
kon-tiki-Thor-Heyerdahl.jpgkon-tiki-Thor-Heyerdahl.jpg

#182 9 years ago

When I first got back into pinball in 2008, I was the typical raised-on-WMS Gen X'er of the 90s.

Now I play everything. My favorite short-flipper game is Target Pool and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Even 90s Gottliebs are growing on me, if they're set up right.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A ride on the Santa Maria was a too high dollar ticket. But we got there.

I can see you're in the water....

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

I only own 1 EM but I really like them... Grew up on EMs.
47 years old.
-Steve Ridge

4 pins, 1 is an EM, grew up on Royal Flush, 49, and also a drummer.

#185 9 years ago

How do I vote? (Insert voter suppression joke here)

#186 9 years ago

post removed because boise_d doesn't like me

Quoted from Boise_D:

And you're on this thread because...?

#187 9 years ago

And you're on this thread because...?

#188 9 years ago

56, grew up at the local bowling lanes in the mid 70's. Great memories of playing EM's like Old Chicago, Fireball, Wizard, Jumping Jack, Aztec and Ro Go. Fast forward to beginning to collect games in 2013. I now have these EM games plus 13 others which include Bowling Queen, Sweet Hearts, Pop a Card, Lucky Hand, Pro Pool, Capt. Fantastic, Aladdins Castle, Hokus Pokus, and King of Diamonds. It has become quite addictive, but a great hobby of repairing and restoring.

2 weeks later
#189 9 years ago

379 votes Impressive guys. Great to see a few under 21 liking Ems. (5th March 2015)

#190 9 years ago

47. Two of mine are EM's. If I had more room I'd have more EMs. Just need a bigger game room...

#191 9 years ago

37 and I never played pinball until 2009 so I found SS and DMD games first. After a few trips to PAPA for Pinburgh I started really enjoying EM's. Really fun and challenging and especially love the good spinner EM's. A nicely setup and dialed EM can be just as fast as a SS or DMD game and more challenging! Love my Mars Trek to death!

1 week later
#192 9 years ago

My dad liked pinball and had several EM pins, as well as a ball bowler, puck bowler and a jukebox in our basement when I was growing up in the 70s/80s. I remember thinking about how awesome it would be to have a Pac Man machine!

So I like EMs for that reason. I do plan on venturing into the solid state world eventually (while keeping my EMs, of course)

#193 9 years ago

I'm 22 and i still looking to get my 3 EMs,Gigi/Majorettes/Slick Chick

#194 9 years ago

couldnt stand the things until i began working at a shop that repairs mostly EM's. took about a year but now i am a full on snob. just love the way they work, pure and simple.

10 months later
#195 8 years ago

Bump, We have lots of new members in the past 12 months.

HOW OLD ARE YOU???

#196 8 years ago

PS. I’m 1962 vintage

#197 8 years ago

to the 5 people that are 21 and younger in the poll..you my friends are legends.

#198 8 years ago

Age, 64. And my one big regret in life is that I spent too much time in school, and not enough in amusement arcades.

#199 8 years ago

Old enough to have seen that collector generations and perspectives in this hobby have changed for the worse over the past 30 years.

Owned more than 50 EMs, which is more than my personal age. Age actually has only minor relevance in pinball, as most collectors who "stick around" eventually expand their knowledge to EMs, if they did not start out on them anyway.

Best way to break into the hobby.
You will actually be forced to fix something.

#200 8 years ago

Added myself to the tally in the the 51-60 group. Good poll. Lot's of EM people out there apparently. Nice to see a bump for this thread. Might catch the eye of newer members. I started into this during the past summer and I have wound up with a good collection of machines quickly - enough that some extra games go to my son's house !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-guys-and-girls-how-old-are-we/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.