(Topic ID: 253046)

EM gurus - tell me about score reel magic

By Boise_D

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Is your problem also occurring on the first score reel (leftmost)? Being the highest value it may not have a ninth position switch. That would give you an idea as to the 9th position switch causing a problem. If it's just one or two random reels on a 4 player game it's possible that there might be too much tension on the 9th position switch, but I've never seen such an issue on every single reel. 9th position does take more force to pull in all the switches but there's usually enough power as long as the reels and cams are clean. I've done hundreds and never replaced a single coil or spring. You might want to make sure that the EOS switch that breaks the current to the score reel coil, is adjusted properly. If it opens too soon, maybe the coil is letting go before getting a full stroke. You need a full solid stroke to push through that 9th switch stack.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-gurus-tell-me-about-score-reel-magic?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.