(Topic ID: 129697)

What are your favorite EM Manufacturers and why?

By PinballFever

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

son.jpeg
    Studebaker with UTAH Pinball.jpg
    th-1.jpeg
    Backglass.jpg
    Playfield2.jpg
    allhock3.jpg
    124656a_lg.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-37-52_877 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-37-39_807 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-40-39_469.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-26-43_722 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-45-00_761.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-45-38_960.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-25-43_841 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-25-20_918 copy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 8 years ago

I have machines from the three major companies from 1950 all the way up to the mid 70s but taking a head count most are Williams from the mid 60s and prior. There are some more Gottliebs from the 50s that I would like to get some day and some 60s Ballys that also look pretty cool.

I may be in the minority, but at this point there are no more 70s 3 inch flipper games from any of them that I will be looking for.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

Are Williams games more buggy and prone to "break down"?

Not at all! In fact I just plugged in two Williams 60s machines that had been stored for almost 20 years and there was nothing to fix. There isn't much difference inside to a Gottlieb and the flipper mechs are almost identical. I have had machines from all of them that need to be gone thru totally though.

As the 70s arrived there were changes to all companies that involved more plastic pieces in major components but Gottlieb had superior cabinet construction all the way to the end and in the mid 70s came out with bulletproof flipper mechs.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Of course every company had their dudes

dude.jpegdude.jpeg

#30 8 years ago

What's a schematic?

#36 8 years ago

As far as Ballys are concerned Star Jet is the highest on my want list. Where it will probably stay...

#38 8 years ago

Except AMC was better than CC.

#47 8 years ago

I liked my AMCs.

#49 8 years ago

I had a 76 Corona. 20R.

#50 8 years ago

Just like pinball, I have bounced around in the cars I have owned. There have been Fords, AMCs, Toyotas, Chrysler product and a few others, but only one Chevy. A 1962 Corvette. Kind of like where I'm at now.

If Gottlieb = Chevrolet then these are my vintage Corvettes. I take them out on the weekend.

DSCN3725.JPGDSCN3725.JPG

#52 8 years ago

Did they ever make one inch flippers?

#55 8 years ago

I could make space for more equipment.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballprowess:

it ain't no 4 Roses or Teachers Pet.

Not many are...

#65 8 years ago

After being a mechanic most of my life I have a lot of respect for Toyota. I understood the buy American sentiment, but in the 80s that was not helping those that bought them. While Detroit was making some of the biggest turds the auto industry had ever seen, Toyota was honing their craft making cars that could go for hundreds of thousands of miles without any major repair. That being said I now only have one vehicle. A 2001 Tacoma Pre-Runner with 170,000 miles on it. I want it to be the last vehicle I ever buy. Like the guy on TV said.. "I really love it!"

#69 8 years ago

That 76 Corona was a great car! It was a lovely shade of green. With the 20R and rear wheel drive it was solid front to back. I drove that thing everywhere. When I bought my only brand new vehicle ever, a 1986 4x4 extra cab, I sold it to my roommate at the time. He mounted a rubber alligator on the hood and drove it until the wheels fell off (but they never really did).

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Toyota's are the EM Gottliebs of the automotive world.

I use my Gottlieb truck to go pick up Williams games.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

At least you know you will always make it home.

I just did make it home! To find out STI came today while I was at work to deliver a machine that I scheduled delivery for tomorrow morning. The driver left a message and his phone# that I could not understand. What else can these people screw up? You know it won't be on tomorrow's truck...

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Call STI's main 800 number!

Well, what is it?

#83 8 years ago

No good! All they would do is give me the # I already called and got the same recording. These guys are getting irritating.

#85 8 years ago

I have found a solution to irritating delivery people that lose legs, bend precious lockdown bars and the legs that do come, take chunks out of fragile 60 year old particle board cabinets and then show up on the wrong day.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Set your alarm for like 6 maybe 7am

Screw that! It's my day off..

#89 8 years ago

Funny though, except for the fact that it just gives them more opportunities to screw it up by loading it and unloading it again, it really doesn't bother me that much. It's not like i haven't gotten any more machines lately.

Yeah, it could be a lot worse. Like those guys over in DMD land with slingshots tomahawking the clearcoat and playfield on their $8000 remakes and no response from those that took their money.

#91 8 years ago

Let's see them weasel out of this one..

Like I said Serenade gets here when it gets here. Just like the 3:10 To Yuma.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

1950-1960 Williams are my favorites due to the unusual nature of the games. Many people today don't realize how many features first appeared in these games only to not be seen for many years into the future.

I am learning this and have some great examples already. Some don't necessarily have the fit and finish of the Gottliebs of that era, but many have beautiful artwork and are a lot of fun to play. Which is what I most look for. But they can be scarce and hard to come by. Which is why I am grabbing them when I can. It is also hard to ever think about letting them go as you may never see another. That Pinky I picked up last week is a great example of this. As is the Rocket.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Serenade gets here when it gets here. Just like the 3:10 To Yuma.

#101 8 years ago

The Thing = AMX

#112 8 years ago

Which manufacturer = Cadillac?

I have never seen any pinball machine that wouldn't outlast a recent Cadillac. 100,000 miles and throw it away. Back in the day they made some good ones though. So how bout Genco?

#114 8 years ago

I think Genco = VW?

Nah. Genco= Cadillac.

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#116 8 years ago

Studebaker

#119 8 years ago

son.jpegson.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-gottlieb-williams-bally-chicago-coin?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.