(Topic ID: 129697)

What are your favorite EM Manufacturers and why?

By PinballFever

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

son.jpeg
    Studebaker with UTAH Pinball.jpg
    th-1.jpeg
    Backglass.jpg
    Playfield2.jpg
    allhock3.jpg
    124656a_lg.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-37-52_877 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-37-39_807 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-40-39_469.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-26-43_722 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-45-00_761.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-45-38_960.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-25-43_841 copy.jpg
    2012-08-28_20-25-20_918 copy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

1) Gottlieb - Usually have the best Rulesets for Single and Multiplayers, challenging, great artwork, unique features with their Roto and Vari Targets, and very fun especially for the experienced players. Of course every company had their dudes, but this company had the highest consistency of putting out great games IMO

2) Williams - Lots of Pointy People artwork, Ball Gates, pop up posts, unique features, and good fun in general for the whole family especially with their 70's Multiplayers and captivating the more experienced players with their 60's reversed Wedgeheads for a challenge with some titles comparable to the 60's Gottlieb Wedgeheads. Williams pointy people always put a smile on my face when I was a kid and screamed fun times ahead when I walked into an establishment that had pinball.

3) Bally - Zipper Flippers and mushroom bumpers were unique, pop up posts and ball gates, games usually interesting and fun to play especially with their 70's Multiplayer EM's, but they also had a few single players from both the 60's and 70's that could be entertaining as well. You could find pointy people artwork from this company as well, which is usually a hit or miss with pinball artwork critics.

4) Foreign pins -Sonic (Segasa)/Recel, etc - Of course I did not get to play a lot of these being a kid as they were not made for the USA market in general but you could find them here and there. They all had a uniqueness about their art/playfields/design, and rulesets that made them fun to play. From the few I have played, it seems that the Rulesets were as good as Williams machines, but not quite up to a Gottlieb standard. Generally they all played really fast because of the clear coated playfields and had good ball flow.

5) Chicago Coin (CDI) - Great Ball/Shuffle Bowlers and Gun Games, but there sure was not anything special about their pinball machines as the word "Lackluster" comes to mind both for single and Multiplayers with very few exceptions. It's almost as though this company designed pinball machines as an after thought, except for maybe the artwork. It seemed to me that their Multiplayers were actually far more interesting to play then their Single Players too, go figure.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Gottlieb ==> General Motors

To me it's more like BMW/Mercedes, just finicky to work on and needs that special know how to repair, especially the 70's Multiplayers.

Ken

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

maybe CCoin = Yugo??
    AMC = Keeney

Yea with AMC being the better of the two.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

too many spinners and rabbits

Much safer than a bunch of Gottlieb Ass-Clowns chasing you.................

Ken

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have found a solution to irritating delivery people that lose legs, bend precious lockdown bars and the legs that do come, take chunks out of fragile 60 year old particle board cabinets and then show up on the wrong day.

I hate days like that too........ maybe we can help each other o-din................or maybe not.....................

Kim...ur...Ken................ur....burp

Ken 005.JPGKen 005.JPG odin out.jpegodin out.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-gottlieb-williams-bally-chicago-coin?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.