• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-30 (resized).jpg
image-30 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I know this is a weird question but here gos. I really like EM games but i've never owned one. There isn't a particular EM game i'm dying to have but I really like playing Big Brave. I don't really like the theme of Big Brave but here is what I do like:

1) Spinners
2) Drop Targets
3) That push for points metal disc
4) Full size flippers

Does anyone know any games that have all or most of the above and are similar in game play to Big Brave? Themes I like.....circus, clown, sideshow, horror, monster

Thanks All!

#2 6 years ago

I can't think of another game that has all those features combined. For a few that have some combination of them how about.
Super Spin/Jet Spin
Close Encounters
Surf Champ/Surfer

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I can't think of another game that has all those features combined. For a few that have some combination of them how about.
Super Spin/Jet Spin
Close Encounters
Surf Champ/Surfer

I also prefer the bells/reels scoring over digital

#4 6 years ago

I'm with you. All of those games can be had in EM form. Close Encounters is the only one also made in SS format.

#5 6 years ago

I'm guessing that "push for points metal disc" translates to "Vari-Target".

If so, the Vari-Target was pretty much only used by Gottlieb and associated manufacturers. It didn't end up being an overly popular feature, so it is only found on a couple dozen machines.

As Alex said, it's tough to find all 4 of those features in 1 game.

Surfer/Surf Champ does not have the Vari-Target, but can't go wrong with that game. One of the better ones.

Big Hit has the drops and the Vari-Target, but no spinner.
Orbit and Gridiron have the Vari-Target and spinner, but no drops.

Others have 3 of the 4 features you want.

#6 6 years ago

Orbit/Outer Space is one of the better games with the vari target. You won't find a game with both vari target and drop targets other than Big Hit.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Others have 3 of the 4 features you want.

Thinking your right. Those features are not all in 1 game. Many pins 3 of the 4 features he is looking for. The OP might have to buy two pins to get everything he is looking for.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The OP might have to buy two pins to get everything he is looking for.

That's always a good idea anyway.

#9 6 years ago

Centigrade 37? That might be a little far off, but it's worth a mention.

Oh... and Big Indian. HAHAHAHA.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Thinking your right. Those features are not all in 1 game. Many pins 3 of the 4 features he is looking for. The OP might have to buy two pins to get everything he is looking for.

I think it should be noted that Big Brave doesn't have a Spinner...

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Orbit/Outer Space is one of the better games with the vari target. You won't find a game with both vari target and drop targets other than Big Hit.

i dont think its a vari-target because big brave has both the push for points on left and drop targets

#12 6 years ago

The "push for points" is called a vari-target. We knew what you meant.

image-30 (resized).jpgimage-30 (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

push for points on left and drop targets

Those are called, 'Stand Up Targets'.

#14 6 years ago

Pro Football has almost everything except the drops.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Pro Football has almost everything except the drops.

The lack of a shooter lane changes the gameplay quite a bit, though, in any case. Worth noting.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Those are called, 'Stand Up Targets'.

What are called stand up targets?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

What are called stand up targets?

These are. Big Brave has them and you do have to "push" them to activate but I'm guessing the Op meant Vari-Target.

image-30 (resized).jpgimage-30 (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

These are. Big Brave has them and you do have to "push" them to activate but I'm guessing the Op meant Vari-Target.

And I thought we were talking about drop targets. Wasn't sure where stand up targets came into the conversation.

#19 6 years ago

Those are on there too.

#20 6 years ago

Who's on first?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The "push for points" is called a vari-target. We knew what you meant.

Damn! That big brave pictured looks really nice.

#22 6 years ago

Hokus pokus has a completely different layout no vari target , and no drop targets . But it does have full size flippers , inlanes , 3 spinners(which are awesome) and is a real fun game . Theme is magic , so not a theme you listed but maybe close enough to gather some interest .

#23 6 years ago

i think big brave is one of my favourite games. I am constantly trying to sell its merits with friends. I think the closest in game play would be the super spin with vari target and rather than drop targets a roto target. I don't like the big brave/ big indian theme either.. however my gf does seem to think my big brave is more politically correct than big indian but the art work is not indigenous reflective.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I wasnt talking about those i was talking about the upper left drop targets

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

i think big brave is one of my favourite games. I am constantly trying to sell its merits with friends. I think the closest in game play would be the super spin with vari target and rather than drop targets a roto target. I don't like the big brave/ big indian theme either.. however my gf does seem to think my big brave is more politically correct than big indian but the art work is not indigenous reflective.

It’s not really any political statement im afraid of making I just want a theme
That matches the rest of my game room - i have a hard time pulling the trigger on a game that doesnt match in any way

2 weeks later
#26 6 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

You know they're the same game, don't you? One is 2-player & the other is 4-player.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-games-like-big-brave-but-not-big-brave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.