Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by FirePower
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Help.jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Like the topic says...Take 15 minutes of your time and give some reviews for 4 EMs that either you currently own, owned in the past or played back in the day. The top 100 EM voting has been neglected, and it doesn't truly represent what the best and worst EMs are.

#2 10 years ago

They're all good.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They're all good.

LOL! Then go make reviews on all of them! I reviewed 4 of them last night and i am going to give 4 more reviews later on tonight after dinner.

#4 10 years ago

Mmmmmm, dinner.

#5 10 years ago

EM Joker Poker ever show up?

#6 10 years ago

I want to review the two I have but they don't make the cut - Mustang and Klondike

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Apparently it's now in Santa Fe Springs, should be here tomorrow.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

I want to review the two I have but they don't make the cut - Mustang and Klondike

It doesn't matter if they are in the top 100 or not just find them i your collection and then write a review. There should be a link for "write a review" after you look up the pin of your choice.

Here is a pinside link for Mustang.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/mustang-gottlieb/ratings

Here is one for Klondike.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/klondike/ratings

#9 10 years ago

2 down. I'll put up a couple more later. Been meaning to do this for a while; thanks for the reminder.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

after you look up the pin of your choice.

Where is the link for Williams "Star Pool"?

#11 10 years ago

Hmmm, I believe I have already rated all of the EMs that I've played recently, but perhaps I can bend the rules and review some that I have played many years before.

#12 10 years ago

Thanks Rat, I'm glad you know your way 'round this site...I gotta write me some reviews!

#14 10 years ago

Thanks, buddy. As soon as I get it up and running, I'll review it. Haven't played one in years. I will say this though, with the four large drop targets, three pops, and the easy return to the top on both sides, this game does have possibilities.

#15 10 years ago

Reviewed Card Whiz not too long ago.

#16 10 years ago

Super Soccer is my all time favorite. Sinbad and joker poker are awesome. Target alpha, and some woodrail I played that had a group of 6 point bumpers that rotated around on the upper part of the playfield. Don't know what it was called, but I liked it. Wouldn't mind getting one of those too.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Super Soccer is my all time favorite. Sinbad and joker poker are awesome. Target alpha, and some woodrail I played that had a group of 6 point bumpers that rotated around on the upper part of the playfield. Don't know what it was called, but I liked it. Wouldn't mind getting one of those too.

Neo, It would be nice to see you take the time out ot rate a few of the games you mentioned.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

some woodrail I played that had a group of 6 point bumpers that rotated around on the upper part of the playfield. Don't know what it was called, but I liked it. Wouldn't mind getting one of those too.

Nags, a very collectible Williams woodrail...
    Alex

#20 10 years ago

is nags the one with the rotation Pop looking targets. They look like POPS but arn't. if they were pops that would be even more killer.

Just IPDB'd it. Yup that's the one. That was a lot of fun to play.

#21 10 years ago

I just did my EM reviews. It's a pIA to review games that arn't on the list. Took me 20 min to figure out how to look up a game for review. ok took me 12 min, but felt like 20.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

This will change as the number of review increase. Robin allowed machine with only one review to be counted so the EM top 100 could get started. He will change the number of reviews required once the Data pool can support this.

What we have seen over the past few months. One person rates a machine as a 9.9. it becomes number one until the second rating is added, usually a more realistic rating, then it drops way down.

So hopefully, people will rate the machine against other machine of the same period and not just to get there machine on to the list, unless of cause this gives them a raging hard-on, we don’t want to relieve (Pun intended) people of this simple short term pleasure for decent usable data, do we

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just did my EM reviews. It's a pIA to review games that arn't on the list. Took me 20 min to figure out how to look up a game for review. ok took me 12 min, but felt like 20.

Thank you for figuring it out. Once you do figure it out then it only take a few minutes each other one.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Took me 20 min to figure out how to look up a game for review.

And....how do you do it?

I've stumbled across it before, but there needs to be a better "game search" function.

#25 10 years ago

...and to answer my own question:

Click "Archive" at the top.

#26 10 years ago

exactly. click archive. I was doing it a much harder way.

#27 10 years ago

Centigrade 37: Best EM ever made. There!

#28 10 years ago

I've stumbled across it before, but there needs to be a better "game search" function

Also you can use the search function too, will get you to the same place, select the machine and scroll to the bottom. Here it has “Rate this Machine”.

Help.jpgHelp.jpg

#29 10 years ago

ok, I've started posting some reviews too - still learning all the neat features here on pinside

regards, Ron

#30 10 years ago

So does World Fair justify its #1 ranking? Never played it before.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from GreyScale:

So does World Fair justify its #1 ranking?

At lease it has 7 ratings, got to be more realistic then others that held #1 in the past

#32 10 years ago

the search isnt' very precise either. All these goofy games come up that have no business being in there. When I searched for Super Soccer. I had to go to page to, to find the game I searched for. First page was nonsense.

#33 10 years ago

I know it is a pain in the ass but I appreciate it guys. We all need to promote EMs and get more conversations going about them. This helps promote them. I know it is hard but I really do run out of things to talk about when I really am not into DMDs that much. I log on and see maybe one or two postings about EMs and most of the postings are repair threads. This thread, and the "post pictures of your EMs you are proud of thread" has really helped out the site. It has got the conversation flowing.

#34 10 years ago

I'd love to give some ratings, but I haven't had any real playing time on an EM pin in over 20 years. In Oct, I did play a handful of games on Ted's Centigrade 37, does that count?

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Yes! And here's a mini review. It's gorgeous.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes! And here's a mini review. It's gorgeous.

Did you share a smoke when you were done with her?

#37 10 years ago

World Fair is a damn fine game. As is Little Joe. Any why are we not hearing more about Fireball?

Centigrade is not the best EM ever made. It is a really good game, but it is not the end all that people make it out to be. It's too easy of a player and people gush over it because it's relatively rare (that's for a reason, HA!). Atlantis is a much better player and has a number of multiplayer iterations (Lawman) as well. I also like 300 and Top score for the way that the bonus builds and is collected. Never ending goals are good to work for.

Joker Poker is a great EM, but the rules on the SS version of this game are better with the bonus multiplier travelling around the PF and incrementing in difficulty as the game progresses.

Of course these are just my opinions. I do have a new EM review coming out in a bit. Klondike. It's a righteous game from Williams.

#38 10 years ago

Klondike just pushed me to 550 reviews! Now I have to go out and find more pinball games to review...

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Klondike just pushed me to 550 reviews! Now I have to go out and find more pinball games to review...

550 reviews, amazing effort Wow

#40 10 years ago

It's my lunchtime habit for the past few years. You know what they say. "A pin-review a day, keeps the pin-blues away." Actually, I just said that. You can quote me on that one from now on.

Livin' the DREAM!

#41 10 years ago

Keep those EM reviews in the top 100 coming. For those that took the time already...Thank You. I know there are more people that own EMs and could take 5 min or so to reviews 1 or two of them.

#42 10 years ago

I did a couple more reviews today. May add a couple more later today. Looks like it's about time to have a minimum number of reviews to be listed on top 100.

Nice job Rat, getting everyone motivated to review.

#43 10 years ago

Damn that Neptune, I would be perfectly ok with Kings and Queens being #1.

#44 10 years ago

when do my reviews get recognized ??

just curious, my icon still doesn't show that I have done six reviews??

regards, Ron

#45 10 years ago

It takes a while as they actually review them for appropriate content!

#46 10 years ago

The cool thing is one you start doing some reviews you will be cleared to have your reviews show up instantly. Just keep doing reviews. I can't wait for all the reviews to show up in the next week or two. I have been checking them daily to read the nice reviews.

#47 10 years ago

I just took a minute and wrote up my thoughts about two of the games I own. It was really fun!

Dogies was my first machine ever, and I brought it back to life through a bumbling combination of persistence, luck, and frequent visits to pinrepair.com and this very forum -- so I have a sentimental attachment to it. Sea Ray is much prettier and more fun to play, though!

I've got a new-to-me "Cosmos" sitting in the basement now, awaiting maintenance. Once I get it up and running and I've played a bunch of games, I'll definitely add a review.

Rat_Tomago, thanks for the thread and for pushing everyone to add reviews. I'm a little skeptical of the value of a "top 100," but each review is really useful. It's great to have access to someone else's thoughts about a given game, as well as to read a few words about the game action and/or what exactly makes a particular game fun or special or boring or beautiful.

#48 10 years ago

Thanks for the effort guys. Pinside is drastically lacking in decades of pin info!

#49 10 years ago

Bumpalicious

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Thanks for the effort guys. Pinside is drastically lacking in decades of pin info!

Would be nice if each machine page had a link to the IMDB page... Or a way for us to add the links in.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-everybody-put-up-reviews-for-the-top-100-ems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.