5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Chrimeg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So I've created my decals for an old EM disco pinball in Gimp. There will be some airbrushing applied before laying down the decals but I'm a little confused.

I've stripped the playfield, cleaned with alcohol (can't get napatha where I live) and magic eraser. Then fixed dents etc. with bondo and ready to lay createx paint and water slide decals.

I've read to spray 2 part clearcoat before painting and putting down decals then clear again. Is this true? Should I clear coat before painting and placing decals?

#3 5 years ago

Ok so the createx will no have problem binding to 2pac? Is napatha the same a lighter fluid? I read that somewhere but find it odd using a combustible liquid to clean EM surface.

#4 5 years ago

Createx binds just fine on any surface , but I would lightly sand the area to be painted before applying. Also make sure you heat it so that it cures.

#5 5 years ago

How long after thin coat of clear is applied can you sand then apply paint? I see curing times for completed but nothing between touch ups. Same for waterslide labels....if its not cured completely I assume applying the label will miss up because of drying tensions.

#6 5 years ago

I've done two so far and i Iet my clear cure for 24-48 hrs between sanding / recoat, always let waterslides dry for 24 hrs before application of clear.
    Read Vids instructions a few more times before attempting to clear over waterslides!

#7 5 years ago

I concur with Atari_Daze . If you live in a cold place though , give it some more time ...72 hours should be fine. When clearing over decals make sure your first layer is almost dry so as not to melt them.

#8 5 years ago

Well I've arranged for an auto body guy to apply clear for me so he has all the proper lamps, heat and equipment. Fingers crossed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-decal-and-airbrushing?hl=chrimeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.