(Topic ID: 150612)

EM Consumable Parts Getting Harder to Find.

By SteveinTexas

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CraigC
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Getting parts for our favorite 50's and 60's games that wear out with time are slowly getting harder to find. I rely on Steve Young to stock parts for my games or restores but he has mentioned more than once in the last two years that I am getting the last of a particular relay and he won't be getting more or he needs to check with say Multiproducts if they will make as parts are gone. I was unable to get a couple of popular springs for baseball games as the stocks have run out probably permanently.

So keep your old rare relay cores as you make soon have to get them rewound as one offs. Order multiple baseball springs if you ever find a stash and keep a few plastic baseball bats as some examples.

Steve J.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

The tragedy of the commons strikes again!!
    Its funny, I just brought this up in a topic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tragedy-of-the-commons

Read your thread and it is a good read.

I am a little concerned about the consumable parts that we need for all games. The small numbers we use overall makes it hard to justify PBR remaking. Steve Young knows if the part sells enough whether he can justify to remake. If this last part I got by his words was the last that bin is never getting restocked.

Fellow Pinsiders have stepped up for older baseball games like Scott Webb with aluminum buttons, rubber, bat levers etc. I still see people ask where to get these parts never using the search feature so unsure if they find the part but that is an other story. I do not see people making special springs however as an example.

#12 8 years ago

When Steve decides to retire and just play his Pinball's I believe he will leave for others a very viable robust Gottlieb parts business. He is a big reason if not the biggest that so many of us can get parts for our games. But as pointed out as clear as a bell to me by some on this thread for Williams, United and Bally the other team has done nothing for the older games.

Ten years from now we will have to reinvent or will have invented our parts feeder business model. So you guys that understand 3D printing the pinball world is asking what can you do for us.

Steve J.

#18 8 years ago

Opportunity for pinsiders to make a few things to support the hobby too. You won't get rich but loads of karma points. Oh they are gone to.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

As odd as it may sound, Crow River Trading, many times has some odd EM parts, .....but you have to move really fast on the rare books when they pop up for sale.
    http://www.crowriver.com/coinop/index.htm

Interesting link. Thank you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-consumable-parts-getting-harder-to-find?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.