• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zzzTransformer-switchable_(resized).jpg
zzzOrbit-Transformer_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I've got an EM Cleopatra that I'm working on that was exported to Germany day 1 - transformer has a german label on the top, and the Gottlieb part no. listed on the paper label is B-16722; that part no. doesn't match either of the 2 transformer parts numbers shown on the schematic. It also has a designation on the label for both 240 and 115V inputs... anyone seen this type of transformer before on a Gottlieb destined for Europe or elsewhere overseas?

#2 7 years ago

dont have that pin, but if the transformer has both options, config for 115 volts, remove the pf and bb fuses, power it up, and test the outputs.

#3 7 years ago

Will do Dr. of Style... tonight there WILL be fireworks.

D

#4 7 years ago

My Gottlieb has this option also,nothing strange so far..

#5 7 years ago

Hi Dono
I assume You have a schema of Cleopatra - please show the transformer and surrounding area.
I don't mind "schema is US-domestic drawing" - of interest is: WHAT AC-Voltage does YOUR pin consumes ? I assume: 6VAC for lights, 24 VAC for relays and some stepper-units, 110 VAC for resetting a "Target Bank" or "Control Bank" or ??? Bank.

IF (if) this is all (6 VAC, 24 VAC, 110 VAC) --- You can buy an Gottlieb transformer and do rewire according to Your "US-domestic schema".

Maybe we are lucky and Your "German Transformer" has an "Adjustment Jones Plug" next to the transformer - see JPG "zzzOrbit-transformer" - the "V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6" Stuff is that Adj. Plug. The picture shows MY Orbit beeing in Europe, so the Adj. Plug is moved to the RIGHT (220 VAC).
IF (if) Your pin HAS such an Adj. Plug: Pull it out, move it to the LEFT and plug it in - You have changed the system to 110 VAC.

(((I show it - maybe confusing - the second JPG shows on the left: What we see in many schemas.
On the right, on the bottom: The Adj. Plug is set for 110 VAC --- two times 110 VAC rush through the primary windings (110 VAC) - mounted parallel.
On the right, on top: The Adj. Plug is set for 220 VAC - the European 220 VAC run through both wirings "one wiring after the other" - windings mounted "in series". AND - I believe: In Europe we grab the needed 110 VAC for "Control-Bank-Reset etc." - we grab in the middle of primary windings.)))

IF (if) prices for an old US-Gottlieb transformer are very high - want to look for an new transformer - Input is 110 VAC and Output is 220 VAC (should be able to handle 150 Watt / 200 Watt or more).
Greetings Rolf

zzzOrbit-Transformer_(resized).jpgzzzOrbit-Transformer_(resized).jpg

zzzTransformer-switchable_(resized).jpgzzzTransformer-switchable_(resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

rolf_martin...

Not confusing at all, thanks a lot for the details and your time, I'll check for that plug tonight.

#7 7 years ago

Made this simple, I put in a B-6183, re-wired, and it works like a champ!

Anyone want the B-16722 it's yours for free - Pick up at York/Allentown shows, no ship.

Don O

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-cleopatra-transformer-question-germany-setup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.