(Topic ID: 162375)

EM Cleo 220V Euro Transformer Setup - Anyone familiar?

By Dono

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aTransformer-VAC-110-220-and-reverse_(resized).jpg
    zzzTARGET-ALPHA-transformer_(resized).jpg
    aOrbit-Transformer_(resized).jpg
    transformer_(resized).JPG
    tin_housing_(resized).jpg
    on_off_red_pushbutton_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

This hobby never ceases to offer up head-scratchers... I've got an EM Cleopatra I'm working on, and now onto the MECH board - well it's obvious from the labels on the board, and on the transformer that this game was destined for Germany day 1. It's transformer setup is wired 220 volts, and that looks fine. It gets strange when getting down and viewing the wiring - there's an on/off switch in the typical Gottlieb Switch housing, except there's a thin red reset pushbutton that is puzzling (see pic), considering there's another on/off switch in the normal area of the cabinet, with the same housing but no push button. There's also a rectangular tin enclosure I'm not familiar with (see pics). Another oddity is output wires on both the 220 an 115 V lugs on the transformer... anyone have some background info on this setup they can share?

on_off_red_pushbutton_(resized).jpgon_off_red_pushbutton_(resized).jpg

tin_housing_(resized).jpgtin_housing_(resized).jpg

transformer_(resized).JPGtransformer_(resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Yeah, I just got to it this evening, i plan to get down and dirty with it tomorrow... just curious, why would an EM need a power filter?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

I import and rebuild old german games so yes very familiar
    the red button is a 5A ( from memory) circuit breaker.... its kinda neat and usually works.
    the metal box is a very common and utterly rubbish emi filter.
    we throw the filter in the bin as that model tends to explode after 10mins or so at 230v
    I would offer to buy the transformer and sell you a 110V one if you like but freight will be too high i think. let me know if you're interested and ill check the model numbers of the 110v ones i have.

Wiredoug: I would be interested in doing that if you've got a 110 that would work, LMK what cost I'm looking at for shipping. I live on the East Coast of the US.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-cleo-220v-euro-transformer-setup-anyone-familiar?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.