Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Sound-Stage-Work-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_4157 (resized).JPG
IMG_4158 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MalikyeMoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

EM Chicago coin Sound stage help - cross connected the two like-size molex plugs from the body to the head (see pic), and left it on for 10 min while distracted by a friend. Came back noticed it stillhad a power hum. Unplugged, corrected the connections, tried to power on, wont power on. Checked the fuse board underneath. It totally fried the 15A 30V fuse (see pic). Replaced it, and now wont power on. Need to start testing the fuse holders, etc., but given the mistake did I just fry the transformer or something awful? Was fully working before moving it ug

IMG_4158 (resized).JPGIMG_4158 (resized).JPG

IMG_4157 (resized).JPGIMG_4157 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the input! I fiddled some more last night and was thankfully able to power on. Appears to be a combo of a weak fuse holder for the one i fried, and a bad molex connection for backbox GI as part 2. Game is thankfully working again, altho i noted it went from a 5 ball game to a 3 ball after replacing fuses etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MalikyeMoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-chicago-coin-sound-stage-help-cross-connected-the-plugs-fried-the?tu=MalikyeMoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.