10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just wanted to share my success with with spraying webbing should anybody be interested. As many of you are aware obtaining untrained lacquer paint is becoming increasingly difficult. I had seen a few posts out there in the wild that mentioned using Bohning brand but was unable to find any posts reporting success.

I am pleased to say I had excellent results with this lacquer ordered from Amazon. Bohning Gloss Black. I ordered a pint. It cost me $28 shipped to my door.

As far as application is concerned used an old Napa Auto Parts siphon gun I have for over 20 years. I shot the paint on some cardboard and made the necessary adjustments. A few practice shots and hit the cabinet. Wow!!! It was just about a perfect replication of the factory finish!

On a side note this is a 1965 CC Hula Hula that the previous owned attempted to "restore". One side of the cabinet was repainted with a brush and custom colors which pretty much ruined the cabinet leaving no choice but to sand a repaint properly with a sprayer. I will add pictures once I'm wrapped up with the paint job.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-caninet-webbing-lacquer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.