Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am in the process of restoring my High Hand cabinet & back box because a previous owner made a real mess of a repaint. I have completed cabinet repairs and am about to apply the primer and then the base coat, webbing and finally stencils. Although I have access to spray equipment I am inclined to use a roller to apply the various finishes because I believe I can get a more durable, hassle free finish. Does anyone have a view please on the merits of spray Vs roller. If so I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

I would spray it. I don't think you'll be happy with the stencils rolling them. And of course, there's really no way to roll the webbing.

#3 5 years ago

If you've spent that much time restoring the cabinet, please spray it to keep the factory look.

#4 5 years ago

I tried rolling the stencils with my Cyclone and it was a nightmare. I reordered more stencils and sprayed it the second go around. Looks great now.

#5 5 years ago

I would spray. I sprayed my CC Hollywood and it came out very close to the original finish. I have rolled once before (arcade cabinet) and would never do that again as it is hard to get the same quality finish as you get by spraying.

#6 5 years ago

spray it! no question
AND i never use primer gottlieb did not either
what i do is use sanding sealer to stop the wood from sucking up the paint.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have access to spray equipment

Thats what i would use for refinishing the cabinet.

#8 5 years ago

Spray .
I used Clay's wire brush technique for the webbing, worked great even on my first try. The webbing really does what it was designed to do - hide imperfections. Be sure to remove the siderails when you paint, a lot more work but it really makes the finished results look that much better.

1 month later
#9 5 years ago

I have never used one but I have access to a Wagner airless sprayer -- would it be suitable for a cabinet repaint? Would practice prior to use.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

I have never used one but I have access to a Wagner airless sprayer -- would it be suitable for a cabinet repaint? Would practice prior to use.

I wouldn't...........

#11 5 years ago

Rattle cans are a good way to start out. Montana makes spray paints in 200+ colors

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 28.95
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside