10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-01-21 14.35.43.jpg
2014-01-21 20.02.12.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

Shredso,
Consider using auto premixed can spray paint (its acrylic) for your project don't roll. A caveman can do it!

I get them pre mixed at an auto store to my exact colors and then put in the can. I use a Pantone color book to match the color, you just need a example of the color you want and the store people can mix exactly. Nothing to clever just good eyes. One spray can should do the head with 2 base coats. One can for the special yellow color. While at the store ask them for cheapest suitable can of auto primer and clear gloss to start and finish the project. The spray nozzles on these cans are superb for this work.

Stencils are made a few ways I use clear mylar film 0.5 mil thick from any art store and use a craft scalpel type cutter to cut out the stencils you do the same with the frisket material. Make two, one for each side; one for yellow and one for the black art work. Get craft black acrylic paint from art store to use in your airbrush. I get tacky glue to stick the stencil onto the head. Weekend job.

Steve J

#10 10 years ago

I had mixed results with the gold splatter. I eventually got in on the wood but seemed to get much more on myself. I used a cut down 1" cheap paint brush. Maybe being left handed was the cause.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-cabinet-advice?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.