(Topic ID: 203714)

EM bingo blowing 50 volt fuse

By Drpullit

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_31 Nov. 29 07.04 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drpullit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Just new to the site and hope someone can help. I have a Bally Miss America Deluxe, had it for many years and it has worked great with no issues. Had not played it in a while. Started and played game and it seemed the magic lines did not work. At the end of game started a buzzing and I “bumped “it and caused a tilt (most likely the tilt bob) and it apparently blew the 10amp 50 circuit fuse. I replaced fuse and when I plug in it immediately blows fuse. So as I started to troubleshoot, every time I try to start up the fuse blows. I got a 5amp breaker to further try to find fault. On doing a (dark room) test the anti-cheat relay sparked on the part that says it goes to trip relay. I put paper in this contact and it still blows fuse. Also after the fuse blows I held down actuator and this caused the tilt light to go out and relights the numbers on the cards. Also the button safety relay pulls in and holds when I hold anti-cheat relay down. I put a 9 volt battery to all the coils and they pull in,but the anti-cheat relay does test at 1.9 ohms. I don’t think that is causing the spark in the leaf springs though. I hope some of you can help!

#5 6 years ago

I have moved my post to the EM tech sub-forum as it may be best there, so please follow it there. Really hope for help.

#7 6 years ago

Bingopodcast, I posted the area of the schematic on the EM tech thread, does not show any switch numbers.

#11 6 years ago

All the slam switches are good and open. I don't see a tilt relay, there is the tilt trip on the trip bank. The switch on the anti-cheat relay that is sparking is the B switch on that relay and manual says it completes circuit to tilt trip sw

#13 6 years ago

Not sure what you mean by and how to latch the trip relay (not totally sure where it is) and how to reset timer. Got to remember I am new to this but I am studying like a mad man and do appreciate help. Had some other things to try regarding shutter motor to. I am at work now and will try some of this stuff when I can

#16 6 years ago

Messed with machine some today. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Still show spark on anti-cheat and in still throws circuit breaker. Started manually holding down some coils on 6 bank relays and somehow it finally started. Played a game all worked well moved magic lines and scored a winner and then the buzzing started and kicked circuit breaker tilt light came on without tilting machine. Now back to square one. Don't know how this info help. Am considering trying to find and replace anti-cheat coil don't know what else to try.

#18 6 years ago

No I recorded the winner. But shortly there after the buzzing started ant the circuit breaker blew. I did not remember the sequence of manually holding relays to get it started. I know theses machines have so many parts and sequences it is really frustrating, with your guys help maybe we'll get her going.

#19 6 years ago

Also to state again this last time the tilt light came on when the circuit broke but I did not tilt it. As the tilt light comes on the card numbers lights go out

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drpullit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-bingo-blowing-50-volt-fuse?tu=drpullit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.