1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Blutarsky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3944 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3941 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3938 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3937 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3936 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3934 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3933 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3925 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3918 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3914 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3929 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3928 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3927 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3911 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3910 (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Just completed a full resto of machine. Some before resto pics:

IMG_3848 (resized).JPGIMG_3848 (resized).JPG

rm14 (resized).jpgrm14 (resized).jpg

rm16 (resized).jpegrm16 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0222 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_0222 (002) (resized).jpg

IMG_3860 (resized).JPGIMG_3860 (resized).JPG

It seems to be a very rare item. I have not been able to identify any other in existence although the serial no is 513. It is quite similar to the merchandiser produced by Exhibit Supply although with some unique Gottlieb components.

The machine had been sited at the Palisades Amusement Park, NJ, USA and following closure was relocated to storage by a family member of the Penny Arcade operation from whom I purchased the machine.

The machine had a range of issues. Poor cab and poor cab repairs; missing components of turntable timer; missing coin funnel, tray and holder; missing tilt components; extensive hacks and install of a poorly wired motor board chassis; no fuses.

First task was to install castors as these machines are quite heavy and fortunately I was able to accommodate the machine on my small manual forklift otherwise it would have been a back breaking resto. Also fabricated ramps for loading and unloading to forklift (forks not lower enough).

IMG_3931 (resized).JPGIMG_3931 (resized).JPG

IMG_3932 (resized).JPGIMG_3932 (resized).JPG

I purchased a vintage laundry cabinet in order to have some American oak timber for the resto. When dismantling the cabinet a ring and receipt ($A400 price) fell out from behind a panel. It now is one of the machine prizes!

IMG_3939 (resized).JPGIMG_3939 (resized).JPG

I replaced a range of panels, best cleaned up finish where numerous nails had been inserted to the cabinet, sanded and then provided a Minwax golden oak stain with three coats of wipe on poly satin clear.

IMG_3935 (resized).JPGIMG_3935 (resized).JPG

I removed the non-original motor board chassis which had been poorly wired and replaced with removable motor boards/s rewired and wax laced.

IMG_3909 (resized).JPGIMG_3909 (resized).JPG

IMG_3910 (resized).JPGIMG_3910 (resized).JPG

IMG_3911 (resized).JPGIMG_3911 (resized).JPG

The board restores the original timer mechanism which controls the number of turns of the turntable (approx. 2) when the prize boom is not activated within two turns.

A number of tilt components were missing. The mechanism diverts any prizes direct to the cabinet when the machine has been lifted or bounced. I fabricated a reset lever on the boom mechanism and a tilt bob as well as a tray to ensure any diverted prizes do not land on the operating mechanism.

IMG_3927 (resized).JPGIMG_3927 (resized).JPG

IMG_3928 (resized).JPGIMG_3928 (resized).JPG

IMG_3929 (resized).JPGIMG_3929 (resized).JPG

From the bolt holes and pics of earlier Esco machines I was able to fabricate a coin funnel, coin bin receptacle and bin and added a bulb over the coin integrity window and a play counter.

IMG_3914 (resized).JPGIMG_3914 (resized).JPG

IMG_3918 (resized).JPGIMG_3918 (resized).JPG

I built a sound module using an mp3 trigger and micro sd card, controlled when the machine is operating, with a track Palisades Park by Freddy Cannon from 1962. I think it gives a nice touch and sense of history to the machine.

IMG_3925 (resized).JPGIMG_3925 (resized).JPG

Added new green felt to the turntable, replaced all the glass mouldings and generally rejuvenated the machine. It now works fine.

Final pics:

IMG_3933 (resized).JPGIMG_3933 (resized).JPG

IMG_3934 (resized).JPGIMG_3934 (resized).JPG

IMG_3935 (resized).JPGIMG_3935 (resized).JPG

IMG_3936 (resized).JPGIMG_3936 (resized).JPG

IMG_3944 (resized).JPGIMG_3944 (resized).JPG

IMG_3945 (resized).JPGIMG_3945 (resized).JPG

IMG_3937 (resized).JPGIMG_3937 (resized).JPGIMG_3938 (resized).JPGIMG_3938 (resized).JPGIMG_3941 (resized).JPGIMG_3941 (resized).JPG
    #2 1 year ago

Holy Cow... a Bally Starjet sold for that little? Hardly ever see one of those in the States.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Holy Cow... a Bally Starjet sold for that little? Hardly ever see one of those in the States.

It's an attractive game, but when I finally got a chance to play one, I wasn't impressed.
    I like that Italian "Hurdy Gurdy".
    Too bad it has the obligatory five digit modification.

3 weeks later
    #4 1 year ago

Wow. Just revisited this link.
    Crazy prices on many of the pieces!

#5 1 year ago

Yeah, 7200 Aussie is north of $4600 US. Glad my hand's up for a Wade Slick Chick playfield.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-auction-sydney-australia-2-oct-22?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.