Screen_Shot_2016-05-19_at_12.56.09_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-05-19_at_12.54.01_PM_(resized).png
cab_side_(resized).jpg
front_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_1731_(resized).png
telltaletap_(resized).jpg
2013-07-16_051.png
Screenshot_2015-08-15-22-23-18.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just ran across this watching classic "Kolchak - The Night Stalker".

Always liked this TV series especially as a kid even though it's a bit cheesy at times but Darren McGavins acting is entertaining.

Check out the first minute of the episode of "Firefall-1"

A mix of pinball and other EM stuff. Can you name them?

Ken

#3 10 years ago

To start, I see a Williams Gridiron and next to that is a Williams Swinger.

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I see a Jubilee and Play Ball.

I do not see those. I see a Gottlieb Grand Slam, not Play Ball and I believe your Jubilee is actually the Swinger.

Ken

#6 10 years ago

At 36 minutes into the episode they go back to the arcade and you see a Gottlieb 4 Square which there is a little story with as well. I wonder if it was my old 4 Square?

Ken

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Nice line-up too...classic mid '70's.

Yea, I like seeing the shooter games they showed as well, but can't quite make any out. "Charley" the puppet is most likely a Williams game from the mid 50's. "Zoltan" the fortune teller is like the one from the movie "BIG". They have a "Jet Rocket" and a "Stunt Pilot" arcade games which I don't believe I have played.

Quoted from bonzo71:

Next to Four Square is a Williams Time Travel.

Good call!

Anyone else spot something they can make out?

Here is the full episode which is actually pretty decent.

Ken

3 weeks later
#14 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

I just came across this one:

Classic Stooges with Curley and pinball, the best of both worlds.

Ken

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

I spent some time a while ago surfing to some of those at YouTube but never came across any arcade scenes.

Here's a couple for you Steve but there are no links on Youtube to these scenes so you either have to own/rent the movie or have something like Netflix.

Check out the 1979 version of "Salem's Lot" with David Soul and go the the cafe scene about the middle of the movie. There are quite a few EM machines in that one even though I can't remember any titles right now.

Also just watched a good 2003 movie last night on Netflix called "Dark Blue" with Kurt Russel. A little over an hour into it there is an office scene at the police station in which there is a rare 1954 4-Belles which looked cherry!

Ken

1 year later
#21 8 years ago

Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries.

An Operator that knows the sounds of his pinball machine.......a Williams Skylab. When I heard the recording I knew it was a Williams, but honestly I don't know if someone could be specific and know it was a Williams Skylab. Zip forward to 33:40 in the show or just see the whole thing as it is fun and you get to see a 19 year old Valerie Bertinelli.

Ken

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Guys were playing a Stern Mustang but the soundtrack had EM sounds/chimes...does that count?

For some reason Hollywood just can't let go of chimes/bells for pinball machines no matter what year they were made after EM's ended...and to your question.....no, but nice try.

Ken

7 months later
#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Superman 2, Superman throws a truck driver into a Buckaroo.

Ouch for the Buckaroo.

Ken

3 years later
#66 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This time I saw the Perry Mason episode The Telltale Tap on my 52 inch Sony and I could actually read the word "Gigi" on it. Don't even need glasses.

I guess that settles it once and for all.

Oh Yeah!! o-din's back!!

7 months later
#69 4 years ago

1966 Bally Fun Cruise starting at around 3:05 in.

Fun skits too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-arcades-in-the-movies?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.