• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I was asked a question about the SS Cleopatra I had for sale; specifically could you use the SS playfield in the EM machine. As for plug and play I imagine that would not work but for an actual PF swap would this work?

#2 2 years ago

Connectors from playfield to game would be different.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Hard to tell. They look the same as far as scoring and text. But I know The EM Charlies Angles is different from the SS.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
^^ EM

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
^^SS

#4 2 years ago

By the time of Joker Poker, the playfields were different because of the bonus multiplier. See the numbering in this photo:
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1306&picno=47848
The SS playfield has 5X bonus while the EM has double bonus. That doesn't seem to be the case with Cleopatra, though.
.................David Marston

#5 2 years ago

I own an EM Cleo. Can confirm: SS and EM playfields are identical. Even coils on the EM are DC rectified.

Under the playfield wiring, however, is very different.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

By the time of Joker Poker, the playfields were different because of the bonus multiplier. See the numbering in this photo:
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1306&picno=47848
The SS playfield has 5X bonus while the EM has double bonus. That doesn't seem to be the case with Cleopatra, though.
.................David Marston

One game earlier, in Sinbad - double bonus vs. 5x

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I own an EM Cleo. Can confirm: SS and EM playfields are identical. Even coils on the EM are DC rectified.
Under the playfield wiring, however, is very different.

Awesome! Thanks

#8 2 years ago

The playfields are the same. There is one minor difference, the background around the bonus area on some are yellow, while others are a olive green. My guess is the yellow background was used on the 2 player version Pyramid, while the 4 player used the olive green version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-and-ss-cleopatra-gt-same-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.