Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_DSCN6039 (resized).jpg
    20181019_190933 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    image-14 (resized).jpg
    MC (resized).jpg
    Woodys (resized).jpg
    e523d8828f5ed1b8f30414330ada41e0cc7780f4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago

Seems like there’s a lot of popular and expensive wedgeheads that are considered top tier simply because they’re great players with unique designs: Atlantis, C37, El Dorado, Abra Ca Dabra.

There are the the games that are collectible based pretty much on theme, but are kinda butt cheeks to play, Captain Fantastic is the one that really comes to mind.

Then there are the games that are valuable pretty much due to rarity, like TKO, Blue Note, Star Jet, Mermaid, Minstrel Man, Knock Out, and a lot of the EM/SS crossover titles, like Cleopatra/Pyramid, Charlie’s Angels and Evel Knievel.

Then you have the multiplayer games that are just a blast to play, and despite making boatloads, they still hold their value: Surf Champ, Royal Flush, Fireball, Grand Prix, 4 Million BC, and so forth.

I like the cult classics with low prices, like Argosy and Mars Trek. I think they’re absolutely terrific games that are worthy of being a-listers.

#54 5 years ago

I think add a balls are cool, since replays are more or less useless in a home environment, but sometimes I feel like once you start raking in the extra balls, the game just becomes a grind.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This might be a dumb question, but was there any certain preferred pinball machine over others for those who would use them for gambling purposes?

If I recall, William's went through a phase where they had what's called the "star" feature, and the replay counter could literally count up into the hundreds, and you could potentially win a couple hundred replays in a single sitting. Obviously, a player wouldn't ever want to play off all those games, so the establishment owner would pay off the replays and then reset it. William's older woodrails were definitely made for less "savory" environments, what with their dual impulse flippers that were suspiciously easy to play while holding a beer in one hand.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They are all gambling machines.

Don't tell that to Roger Sharpe!

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But others, like Dimension

Good call on Dimension. I'd love to own one someday. Resetting the drops goes a long way in that game, plus the playfield art kicks ass.

2 months later
    #127 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

None I ever played when I was young. That works for me!

The only game in my collection that I played when I was young is Whirlwind. Everything else was a careful consideration (or just a good deal at a good time), and being in my 20s, not a single EM in my collection is driven by nostalgia. They're just (mostly) games I personally enjoy playing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-a-list?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.