Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_DSCN6039 (resized).jpg
    20181019_190933 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    image-14 (resized).jpg
    MC (resized).jpg
    Woodys (resized).jpg
    e523d8828f5ed1b8f30414330ada41e0cc7780f4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I don't want to pick particular titles... I'd rather group them by years of what I prefer playing...
    late 50s- 1963-ish - Gottlieb
    1963- early 1970s - Bally
    1972-ish to end of EM era - Williams

Totally agree with this idea...grouping all EMs together is the problem with trying to make A lists or whatever. Just looking at responses here will show you that people are generally gravitating towards an era or category when listing titles. And it reflects the current trend in collecting, like Tom says - Buckaroo was once considered the cat's ass, and multi players were generally shunned. Nowadays it's alot different....and years from now it'll probably be different yet.

I also feel, and o-din touched on this, that I haven't played enough games on many titles to form an opinion. Until I get a game in my house, shopped out correctly for my tastes, and many games logged, can I get a solid opinion of that particular game.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

It's not easy to state what EM's are the best or most collectible or even if an accurate A-list exist.
    Bally, Williams and Gottlieb are most likely are at the top of the EM list of all the manufactures. It might be a good place to start since all three manufactures have so many great games to choose from and most of the time are separated by a fine line in game play etc.
    Hopefully you have a serious EM collectors close by in driving distance from your location. There you could learn about EM's from conversation and playing their collection, forming your own opinions and taste on what you like about EM games. Also perhaps there might be some pinball shows close by that have some restored EM's to check out. If your close by to New Jersey you are welcome to play my EM collection.

Vic, you're the worst for picking an A-list!! LOL

They are all on the A-list according to you...I kinda agree. :0)

Sean

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-a-list?tu=Stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.