(Topic ID: 351601)

Elwin Led Zep Vault?

By Sandman33

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1253 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240204_195656079 (resized).jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 months ago

Im curious how you would all feel if Stern said they were going to release new LE only Led Zep by Elwin. Imagine if iron Maiden had that music? I personally feel that if Keith were given THAT licence ppl would cherish it waay more than Aero or even acdc.....put zombie Yeti on the artwork....How do you get the ok to make Zep and make it that BORING....GAMEPLAY AND ART?

#2 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Im curious how you would all feel if Stern said they were going to release new LE only Led Zep by Elwin. Imagine if iron Maiden had that music? I personally feel that if Keith were given THAT licence ppl would cherish it waay more than Aero or even acdc.....put zombie Yeti on the artwork....How do you get the ok to make Zep and make it that BORING....GAMEPLAY AND ART?

#3 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

if Stern said they were going to release new LE

They recently said they won't do any more re-issues of LEs. Although premiums & pros are still on the table.

#4 5 months ago

It would be an LE So i wouldn't care of have interest in it.

#5 5 months ago

I want a zwp

Quoted from TheLaw:

It would be an LE So i wouldn't care of have interest in it.

If fhe LE had zep music but Elwin design...you wouldnt be interested?

#6 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

I want a zwp

Why would it have to be an LE? How about just a game with no predetermined production quota, and they just make as many as people want to buy?

#7 5 months ago

Unless it was another Bond 60th pricing scenario I don't think BOM would allow for the kind of design you're asking for with that licence, is the problem?

#8 5 months ago

Imagine if Keith made Zep instead of Godzilla?

#9 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Not at all & I love Elwin. Not paying for any LE of anything.

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not at all & I love Elwin. Not paying for any LE of anything.

I SWEAR if they made Led zep as good as deadpool Id buy an LE and never ever let it leave.

#11 5 months ago

I suspect Stern gave Zep a limited BOM because of the price of the license and because they thought it would sell regardless on the back of the popularity of the band. Sadly, they were wrong. I *love* the band, but the game is too much of a let down to own (or even really play on location).

I have a similar relationship with the Beatles pin, love the band not into the pin. Star Wars is also a grail license, but I have never played a version I wanted to own. But at least the Star Wars pins are worth playing when I run into one in the wild.

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from sandro:

I suspect Stern gave Zep a limited BOM because of the price of the license and because they thought it would sell regardless on the back of the popularity of the band. Sadly, they were wrong. I *love* the band, but the game is too much of a let down to own (or even really play on location).
    I have a similar relationship with the Beatles pin, love the band not into the pin. Star Wars is also a grail license, but I have never played a version I wanted to own. But at least the Star Wars pins are worth playing when I run into one in the wild.

Youre dead right. I LOVE star wars original..I love led zep, but why is the cab SO bad and boring on zep? EVEN THE translite is black and white???

#13 5 months ago

nawwww. too old music, basically stoners dream kinda thing...its 2024...

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

I want a zwp

Not if it had an insane price tag, like the Elwin Bond.

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Youre dead right. I LOVE star wars original..I love led zep, but why is the cab SO bad and boring on zep? EVEN THE translite is black and white???

Make your own translite ...fixes the problem.

PXL_20240204_195656079 (resized).jpgPXL_20240204_195656079 (resized).jpg
    #16 5 months ago

LZ is way underrated. I like it better than zilla tbh

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

[quoted image]

Thats really REALLY nice man. Are those for sale?

#18 5 months ago

Keep in mind that a big bottleneck here is the licensing.

Even doing another production run of a game requires revisiting the licensing, which is costly.

I don't find Led Zepplin boring. I like it a lot. But if there were enough demand, I could see another version made.

#19 5 months ago

There is no demand.

70s rock themes are played out and unwanted by todays youngsters in their 50s. Sad but true.

#20 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is no demand.
    70s rock themes are played out and unwanted by todays youngsters in their 50s. Sad but true.

And here I’m only 40 and think LZ is the best music theme to date ‍♀️

#21 5 months ago

Love Zep so much and tons of young people love LED Zep don’t know what your talking about!

#22 5 months ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

[quoted image]

thats SICK!

#23 5 months ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm sure other people with LZ avatars agree.

#24 5 months ago

I wish Elwin would give us Ghostbusters. Using movie 1 assets only, design the game from the ground up. Make another Ghostbusters with topper that impresses the world.

#25 5 months ago

Man, are we really out of good themes? So much that we need to revisit the duds?
    OOooh! But what if Elwin did another Star Trek!

#26 5 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I wish Elwin would give us Ghostbusters. Using movie 1 assets only, design the game from the ground up. Make another Ghostbusters with topper that impresses the world.

The new GB pin should definitely be based on the 2016 movie! That would be awesome.

#27 5 months ago

Love Led Zeppelin. One of greatest bands of all time. Was super excited about the pin but then I found it disappointing. Would definitely own one if it were it were one if the greatest pins as well.

#28 5 months ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

LZ is way underrated. I like it better than zilla tbh

LOL

#29 5 months ago

I’m sure they would

#30 5 months ago

No I agree LZ premium is challenging and more fun than when it first came out. People love to crap on it but it’s a fun game that isn’t easily beat good strategy really enjoying mine. Think it was a victim of bad initial code and bad release timing. Also think the le colors were pretty bad. Love my premo and it’s happy sitting next to AC/DC prem, Foo Prem, and IM. Just need to get Met back and find a Rush premium to complete the collection.

#31 5 months ago

Seems Stern could cut costs by giving the people what they really want - bright colorful artwork and Elwin on everything including Pokémon.

#32 5 months ago
    Quoted from Deadlander:

No I agree LZ premium is challenging...

I've only played a couple and challenging is never a term i'd use with LZ

#33 5 months ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Yes you do.

But the game flopped and I’m convinced it wouldn’t have 10 years ago. The 70s bands are in their 80s and most of their fans aren’t far behind. As much as I’d love a sabbath or priest pin it’s time to turn the page.

Not a hater. I have a LZ LE and i love it.

#34 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about 90s bands? Foo is a really fun pin but the cartoon aliens seem to be aging like soggy cereal. Stern can’t win!

#35 5 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

How about 90s bands? Foo is a really fun pin but the cartoon aliens seem to be aging like soggy cereal.

I mean let’s face it: rock, for the most part, is dead.

We are in a weird spot where the only people who like rock are aging pinball machine fans but there’s not enough of them to justify continuing to make rock pins.

And yeah, enough of the fucking aliens. Is that really the only conceit we can come up with for a pinball theme?

#36 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes you do.
    But the game flopped and I’m convinced it wouldn’t have 10 years ago. The 70s bands are in their 80s and most of their fans aren’t far behind. As much as I’d love a sabbath or priest pin it’s time to turn the page.

Sure, they did ok with foo I suppose but I didn’t enjoy it very much. I think a beastie boys intergalactic theme would be a dream or daft punk personally.

While it may have flopped i think it was for all the wrong reasons. It’s easily one of the most solid shooters stern has come out with. Yes it’s kind of bare but the code makes it so fun to shoot with the music and the scoring is so consistent it makes it one of the better ones for tournament play

#37 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And yeah, enough of the fucking aliens. Is that really the only conceit we can come up with for a pinball theme?

Well, there is one take on this particular word/theme that I have gotten the sense that a lot of these other pinsiders would be really into.

#38 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is no demand.

Enjoy no more rock pins then, which are some of the most fun games in pinball, if that’s the case.

Quoted from Sandman33:

Beatles would be a much better choice to do this with. As it is now, Zep is fine. Not great, but fine. The Beatles was a total swing and miss.

#39 5 months ago

Just listen to Led Zeppelin instead of Iron Maiden. Problem solved

Quoted from DNO:

Man, are we really out of good themes? So much that we need to revisit the duds?
    OOooh! But what if Elwin did another Star Trek!

Keith has done Iron Maiden (Stern Electronics), Jurassic Park (DE Pinball), Avengers (Stern Pinball), Godzilla (Sega Pinball)…and now Jaws!

The licensor would be just as expensive, limited, and difficult to work with as the game that came out 3 years ago…

Really the message is people want another Keith music pin. Preferably where a ball is eaten somehow

#40 5 months ago

I get your wishes but that ship has sailed with that license. Time to move on as Stern will not get demand as we have seen with the recent price cut for in stock LZs.

#41 5 months ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Sure, they did ok with foo I suppose but I didn’t enjoy it very much. I think a beastie boys intergalactic theme would be a dream or daft punk personally.
    While it may have flopped i think it was for all the wrong reasons. It’s easily one of the most solid shooters stern has come out with. Yes it’s kind of bare but the code makes it so fun to shoot with the music and the scoring is so consistent it makes it one of the better ones for tournament play

A Beastie Boys pinball would be the shit! I'd like to see what Gomez could do with it personally.

#42 5 months ago

Elwin and Pink Floyd, I'm in.

#43 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

... I'd like to see what Gomez could do with it personally.

Then it would be a re-hash layout...that's all he does.

#44 5 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Floyd deserves one. Really excited to play jaws, looks so good

#45 5 months ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Floyd deserves one. Really excited to play jaws, looks so good

I like Jaws, was surprised I enjoyed it so much.

#46 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is no demand.

I am 53 and would love more 80’s rock pins. LZ was a huge disappointment to me. Was so excited till I saw it and then played it. I really wanted to like it but couldn’t convince myself to even thinking about gettin one.

#47 5 months ago

Led Zeppelin is an amazing, FUN, FAST game. I can't imagine playing without the Electric Magic spinner coming up from the bottom of the playfield but we had an LE right next to a GNR LE and it won out. I haven't sold a game in a long time but my wife absolutely hated GNR with a passion and made me sell it for room to keep Led Zeppelin. I guarantee anyone here that if they bought a Pre or LE Zep that it would one of the most played pins when people come to visit, it's like the ultimate party game. No pinball experience necessary.

#48 5 months ago
    Quoted from 80sMan:

Led Zeppelin is an amazing, FUN, FAST game. I can't imagine playing without the Electric Magic spinner coming up from the bottom of the playfield but we had an LE right next to a GNR LE and it won out. I haven't sold a game in a long time but my wife absolutely hated GNR with a passion and made me sell it for room to keep Led Zeppelin. I guarantee anyone here that if they bought a Pre or LE Zep that it would one of the most played pins when people come to visit, it's like the ultimate party game. No pinball experience necessary.

Awesome game. Fast and smooth.

IMG_1253 (resized).jpegIMG_1253 (resized).jpeg
    #49 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awesome game. Fast and smooth.[quoted image]

LOVE the sign & the game too!

#50 5 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I love Floyd buddy, but I cant think of a single song that would pair well with pinball action?
    Maybe Learning to Fly *might* be one.

But, I guess that could be said about Jaws as well and I'm a buyer so...

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.