(Topic ID: 276632)

Elvria House of Horrors Topper $999.00 ?

By Join_The_Cirqus

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpeg
tenor-5.gif
26creepshow1-articleLarge (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200910-134450_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hyena-laughing (resized).jpg
106D5B65-950C-41AD-BFC3-9BC530502120.gif
C6F39EE3-75BD-42EE-A248-BFD883C02897 (resized).jpeg
ElviraTopper_DeadFlip (resized).jpg
AE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpeg
Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
glass (resized).jpg
70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg
rps20200907_213320 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Would an LCD really justify the price? An LCD screen that size can’t cost very much. I guess I’m thinking in TV terms and they are pretty cheap.

LCD screens are priced according to the number made per size. Regular tv screen sizes are dirt cheap because millions are made - something like this? 200 made? Unless it’s an off the shelf very common size, it’s going to be pricey.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your argument is valid but relative doesn’t mean reasonable. With higher prices come higher expectations, a concept that Stern doesn’t seem to get with toppers (see Star Wars and Munsters in particular for different reasons) and their games in general.
The topper will almost certainly sell out. It may add a fun mode to the game and/or exceed expectations. But there is absolutely no way to justify a topper that costs $1k as reasonable.
It’s also a marketing failure. At minimum, Stern should have offered to sell a topper to every purchaser of an LE or SLE. Those buyers have already paid a premium for a special, limited version of the game and deserve the chance to complete the package. And it’s absolutely ridiculous to show a sneak peek of the topper to “Stern Insiders” almost a year before it will be available. Both show a total disregard for customers that will only lead to disappointment as 200 units will probably sell quickly before anyone actually knows what they are paying for.

I agree that they could do More for LE/CE owners, but they don’t need to. Stern is VERY good at being in business, there’s no question. They surely worked out how many toppers they could make which would guaranteed sell out, and priced It accordingly.
Hopefully it is also actually kind of cool - but at 200units? It’s probably already sold out, and we dont even know if it has a screen or what.

Stern knows what they are doing, and like what has been said a hundred times already - we can only vote with our wallets, and for those who would do so, this topper isn’t for them.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Here’s an LCD with excellent resolution that RETAILS for $50. Probably in the ballpark of the size being discussed. I’m still not seeing the price increase being due to an LCD.
[quoted image]

I'm with you - and the panel used there is probably about $8. But thats a very common size. it's being used in a common consumer product. The topper looks to be using a very weird size only for special applications

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've never been impressed by that topper in the least either. Even still, it comes down to supply and demand. It is a concept as old as commerce itself. Not sure why people have to imply that stupidity (or greed) are involved in these type of transactions. To some people $1000 is a fart in a wind storm, so why drive a hard bargain when trying to relieve someone of their prized topper? People drop well over $1000 on a meal for two with a couple of bottles of wine in fancy restaurants all over the world on a daily basis.

I know it’s got a lot of hate, but I really thought that GB topper was the best of both worlds - A special (sort of) mechanical thing that makes a modern game stand out, while paying tribute to classic toppers like F-14 and HS. M

What kills it and makes it distasteful is the price. Same as this one. But like I said before, they probably calculated how many they would sell due to the game itself being somewhat limited.. and calculated the price accordingly. Yuck.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Life sized with animation...
[quoted image]
Still cheaper than a pinball topper...
7ft tall...[quoted image]
Still cheaper than a plastic topper with leds

Do they have the 12 foot skeleton at your HD? Thinking about getting that to lord over my games

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes. I actually found the topper announcement from stern that mentions it.
[quoted image]
Although he is credited as the producer for the show, his main career has been with special makeup effects. He's worked on tons movies and tv shows and is a genius at that stuff.
[quoted image]

And he may be one of the nicest and coolest humans alive

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvria-house-of-horrors-topper-99900-?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.