(Topic ID: 276632)

Elvria House of Horrors Topper $999.00 ?

By Join_The_Cirqus

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpeg
tenor-5.gif
26creepshow1-articleLarge (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200910-134450_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hyena-laughing (resized).jpg
106D5B65-950C-41AD-BFC3-9BC530502120.gif
C6F39EE3-75BD-42EE-A248-BFD883C02897 (resized).jpeg
ElviraTopper_DeadFlip (resized).jpg
AE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpeg
Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
glass (resized).jpg
70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg
rps20200907_213320 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 3 years ago

I think all you should just quit. More for the rest of us

#57 3 years ago

I'm not a buyer, and have the game. Whats the big deal, limited run stuff always commands good money. I've turned down $900 for our kiss topper and I don't think its worth near that. Quit crying, don't buy it and enjoy what you have

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I was planning on getting the topper, but now...not a chance. $1,000???? I paid $1,000 for a nice Joke Poker this summer. For anyone that’s wondering, Joker Poker is an entire working pin
[quoted image]

Good buy on your joker!! Great game, love ours

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Imagine all the hookers and blow you could get for the price of that topper!

Hmmm, std's and drug addiction or a topper you can probably sell easily if you don't like. Hard choice for me, but I ordered a topper

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

8 ball = 3 bills
A good quality Side Walk Sally 300 an hour so it would be fun but not for long.
This is what I've heard anyway.
Don't buy toppers. For me anyway I think they make pins look cheese. If u like them then hey, we all like different cheeses. I would much rather have the option to buy a kit that added a spinner or under PF magnets that actually impact gameplay. Armor and Shakers and Add on toys? Nah. To each his own.

Well this would suggest to me uv never partaken in that activity before. If u know what ur doing then that's a non issue.

Ya not much interest in hookers or drugs, but to each his own. At least I can sell topper if I don't like, and std's are forever

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from cigarsandpins:

Does anybody know the dimensions of this topper? I’m curious about the height to see if it would fit under my low ceiling

It doesn't matter. Order it, and if it doesn't fit, you can sell for a profit. I have one on reserve, may ask if I can secure another

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

While the price is absurdly high, the worst part is it’s limited to 200. You have 550 owners of LE and SLE models, most of whom won’t have the full game now. That would bother me, especially if I already handed over $15k.

no, they will be available, you'll just have to pay much more

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, but part of the issue for me is that Stern is offering no lower-priced alternative topper. For their pinball machines, they offer the Pro/Prem/LE model so that there's something for everyone's taste and budget. But for this Elvira topper, they are only offering an LE option. I'd love it if Stern would also offer a cut-down topper more akin to the recent JP topper. Then the whales can have their super duper limited topper, and the rest of us who still love toppers but balk at paying $1k for one have something to buy.
I'm picking up my Elvira on Saturday, and I was fully-ready to bite the bullet and drop the all ready absurd $600 on a topper. But when Stern priced this at $1k, they priced me out. I have money that I want to give Stern for a topper, but they won't make one for me to buy. They are leaving money on the table here.
And it's hard to hear, "Don't like the price, then don't buy it." because I really love toppers, and the more intricate and interactive the better. But I just can't justify the cost of this one, I can technically "afford" it, I just don't think it's worth the price. So I wish Stern would offer a "Pro" model topper, so that I could have something official and licensed.

I dont think they can tool up to make 2 or 3 toppers, really don't think they are a big money maker for them. Im not disagreeing with you at all, but from a business standpoint it doesn't make sense

#214 3 years ago

I bought a topper for maiden from a guy on this site. Very happy with it, it's sound activated and was under $300. Hope someone does for this game as well

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody wants no bullshit bootleg toppers. I mean they are cute, and good for the poor among us who can’t afford the real thing, but they just have no juice.
Better pony up the $1,000 if you want any topper respect!

Haha levi. I have a stern topper secured already, thinkin bout a spare!!

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

They made 2 Toppers for Iron Maiden.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody wants no bullshit bootleg toppers. I mean they are cute, and good for the poor among us who can’t afford the real thing, but they just have no juice.
Better pony up the $1,000 if you want any topper respect!

And, these bullshit bootleg toppers have re sold here for at or more than original price

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

LOL at 1K... not a big money maker...what? How much is the markup on this turd?
Damn sure it's more than 500usd.

you make mods don't ya? R& D costs. Tooling costs for 200 pieces? Ya they might profit a little but doubt they gonna retire

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Alright people this is your chance to tell Stern what the price of a topper should be by what is the demand for the topper TBD https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-elvira-house-of-horrors.php

I'm sure its sold out already and waiting list.

#267 3 years ago

How come people who don't have an ehoh care about the topper cost? If you don't want or like, don't buy. Prob all sold out already, glad I have one being held upon their release

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Pretty funny, actually

Or sad , if youre that person

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I do. But I also have an idea what the real "tooling costs" are.
What I don't know about this POS stern is hocking ... is what it's final features are.
Based on a quick scan; this looks like a foam statue which is probably dirt cheap to manufacture... and tooling is probably cheap too.
Again; I'm guessing the bom is more like 200... worst case.
Now; maybe it has some super secret feature that drives the cost up... but I'm not seeing in then OP screen grab.

Ya. You're right. Its probably a piece of foam. Spray painted gray primer. Has incandescent lights, and a rope tied to your foot to open the crypt. Ill let ya know for sure when mine arrives

#275 3 years ago

I got notice today I can upgrade the foot rope to gold painted chain for only $250, so i did

#279 3 years ago

Some pros do play better in my opinion, I like met and aerosmith pros much better, but maiden is better as a premium. My opinion only. I like all pins, have never disliked one like some posters here seem to.

#305 3 years ago

look at the ads at bottom of this thread. Almost Every le game for sale says pending. That shows there is and always will be a market for limited edition stuff.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

This tells me one thing... there are way more "rich" people in the hobby then you may think.
despite all the griping and complaining LEs sell out in a day and hate to break it to you.. the topper will sell out too.
Even better most of the LEs will be a trophy and barely get played.
you are so welcome.

you read me wrong. I think its a great game, own one, and have a topper holding for me. What I meant was, people are griping about le prices, yet they sell out immediately. I tried last week to get an ehoh le, but he decided to keep. I will be buying a zepp le, if and when its made

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

One of the cool things about this hobby is if you spend 9k on a new NIB LE you really arent losing a full 9K. If you decide to sell it you will get a lot of your money back.
Even in a worst case scenario if you buy a real bomb like Sterns WWE you'd probably get 1/2 your money back. But in most cases you lose maybe 1 or 2K after a year or two. Most people can swallow that kind of loss considering they got the full NIB experience and a year or two of unlimited play. If you buy lightly used games you typically lose even less.
Looks like that's happening now with Sterns toppers resale value. If you sell it you will likely get most of your money back.

lately, all your money on le's and most toppers

6 months later
#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

If you go to Stern Shop they are now listed. I contacted them and they are going to produce more. No idea on pricing but $1300 is ridiculous IMO

Yes it is, but have you seen bksor and kiss prices? Selling for more than 2k is common.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,000 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvria-house-of-horrors-topper-99900-?tu=Hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.