(Topic ID: 276632)

Elvria House of Horrors Topper $999.00 ?

By Join_The_Cirqus

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpeg
tenor-5.gif
26creepshow1-articleLarge (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200910-134450_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hyena-laughing (resized).jpg
106D5B65-950C-41AD-BFC3-9BC530502120.gif
C6F39EE3-75BD-42EE-A248-BFD883C02897 (resized).jpeg
ElviraTopper_DeadFlip (resized).jpg
AE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpeg
Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
glass (resized).jpg
70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg
rps20200907_213320 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

Damn! I remember Greg Freres saying on the FNO Twitch stream that there was no way the Elvira topper would be even close to $725. He scoffed at the idea that it would be that expensive.

But that was back in December before the JP Topper showed Stern how many suckers there are in the pinball buying world. And I was ready to support Stern with an overpriced Elvira topper, because I really, really like the game...but this is just too much.

I'm hoping that the price isn't accurate, and that it's just a placeholder.

#175 3 years ago

Man, I wish Stern would release a non-limited alternative topper. Maybe something similar to the JP/Avengers/Turtles topper? This one-off is amazing and would be exactly the kind of thing that I would want.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That topper is a perfect layout for a topper with her on the couch and the pinballs. Maybe the original designer could work out a deal with Elvira herself and sell them on her website so she gets a cut. He could make 3 versions that are the same with the only difference being the name on it: "House of Horrors", "Scared Stiff", or "Party Monsters". That way people with any of the 3 games could use it.

Yeah, even if he can't/won't sell or make any more, I'd still love to know HOW he made it.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

As long as u like it who cares. That's kinda my point if its not worth to ya then don't buy, those toppers at that price will sell out but to blame Stern or any company making any product for getting maximum profit is just plain foolishness.

Yeah, but part of the issue for me is that Stern is offering no lower-priced alternative topper. For their pinball machines, they offer the Pro/Prem/LE model so that there's something for everyone's taste and budget. But for this Elvira topper, they are only offering an LE option. I'd love it if Stern would also offer a cut-down topper more akin to the recent JP topper. Then the whales can have their super duper limited topper, and the rest of us who still love toppers but balk at paying $1k for one have something to buy.

I'm picking up my Elvira on Saturday, and I was fully-ready to bite the bullet and drop the all ready absurd $600 on a topper. But when Stern priced this at $1k, they priced me out. I have money that I want to give Stern for a topper, but they won't make one for me to buy. They are leaving money on the table here.

And it's hard to hear, "Don't like the price, then don't buy it." because I really love toppers, and the more intricate and interactive the better. But I just can't justify the cost of this one, I can technically "afford" it, I just don't think it's worth the price. So I wish Stern would offer a "Pro" model topper, so that I could have something official and licensed.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

It's really hard to see, but this was the best I could get from DeadFlip's stream. You can see it really lights up. Will be interesting to see how it works. I'd assume they'll make the announcement in October.
[quoted image]

At this point, I might try to get creative and make my own version of the topper. We're getting close to halloween, so hopefully I can pick up some foam gargoyles for cheap.

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

This tells me one thing... there are way more "rich" people in the hobby then you may think.
despite all the griping and complaining LEs sell out in a day and hate to break it to you.. the topper will sell out too.
Even better most of the LEs will be a trophy and barely get played.
you are so welcome.

Well, there's a reason that so many Pinball Podcasters and streamers are actual Medical Doctors. I mean there's Dr John (oral surgeon), Dr Pin (anesthesiologist), and I'm pretty sure one of the Loserkid guys is a doctor too. I'm not a rich guy, but in this hobby it sure seems to help.

So in my case, I hunt for deals, and fix-up and repair games. I'm happy that so many people can afford to pay the NIB tax, in my case I wait and buy my games on the 2nd-hand market, where I can retain the most value possible. It keeps the hobby affordable for me. For me, losing $1000 on resale would kill me, but for others that's no biggie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,000 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvria-house-of-horrors-topper-99900-?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.