(Topic ID: 276632)

Elvria House of Horrors Topper $999.00 ?

By Join_The_Cirqus

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpeg
tenor-5.gif
26creepshow1-articleLarge (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200910-134450_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hyena-laughing (resized).jpg
106D5B65-950C-41AD-BFC3-9BC530502120.gif
C6F39EE3-75BD-42EE-A248-BFD883C02897 (resized).jpeg
ElviraTopper_DeadFlip (resized).jpg
AE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpeg
Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
glass (resized).jpg
70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg
rps20200907_213320 (resized).jpg
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 3 years ago

Here’s a pic of how it looks during Attract mode. The top opens up pretty well for viewing. In Attract mode it screams at you then closes so it doesn’t stay open very long. The topper seems well constructed. Looking forward to code integration.

F31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpegF31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpeg
#352 3 years ago

Translite needs to go dark when the topper opens.

#353 3 years ago

I think it should have been Elvira laying flat in the coffin and opening up, rising then turning towards you. Speaking would be a bonus.

#354 3 years ago

Certainly looks better than the original pics.

#355 3 years ago

It'd be a funny troll if under the lid it just had the name of the game again since so many people like to dis toppers that have the game name on it again.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It'd be a funny troll if under the lid it just had the name of the game again since so many people like to dis toppers that have the game name on it again.

It sometimes seems like Stern are tolling us with these toppers, so would definitely be in character.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope! Not Stern, anyway.
200 x $999 = $200,000
Just randomly, say they make $500 profit a topper, just to pick a figure. So BOM is $500. (Again, just a random figure, to illustrate the point)
So 200 toppers is $100,000 profit.
If they drop the price to $699, that’s now only $200 profit a topper.
To make the same profit as they would on the 200x $999 topper, they’d need to sell 500 units.
Why would you want to make 500 units when you can only make 200?
And would they sell 500 units at $699? Probably not.
And, the staff resources that would be spent making those extra 300 toppers can be spent making $699 plastic Jurassic Park toppers, etc etc. More money. Companies like to make money.
Stern knows there are 200 people who don’t care that these are $999. That’s why they are $999.
rd

You are talking price elasticity of demand.

#358 3 years ago

Looks better than that one static picture we all saw, but man. I guess it's one of those things that if you can afford it, go for it; like if you have to ask the price you can't afford. However, I bet the aftermarket can utilize those mounts and plugs for something about the same for much less money.

I have to add, I like the STDM videos.

3 months later
#359 3 years ago

Elvira toppers for everyone in this thread if I win the Mega...

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Elvira toppers for everyone in this thread if I win the Mega...

If you win the mega can you buy Elvira for one of us?

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If you win the mega can you buy Elvira for one of us?

The pin or Elvira? I can probably swing the pin, maybe do like a raffle or something...

1 month later
#362 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Translite needs to go dark when the topper opens.

agree with that

#363 3 years ago

Anyone have the topper and if you do was it worth it?

#364 3 years ago

I have a Elvira topper and am looking for a dark knight topper if anyone want to make a deal.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone have the topper and if you do was it worth it?

I personally like my topper. Yes, it was expensive, but it interacts with the game pretty well and heavier made than the other toppers. Plus, once Stern sells out of toppers for any pins they seem to be harder and harder to find, along with a higher price tag.

I figure EHOH is a keeper for me and I wanted to max it out. Good luck.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I personally like my topper. Yes, it was expensive, but it interacts with the game pretty well and heavier made than the other toppers. Plus, once Stern sells out of toppers for any pins they seem to be harder and harder to find, along with a higher price tag.
I figure EHOH is a keeper for me and I wanted to max it out. Good luck.

I went ahead and ordered it just now. My wife loves it and with only 200 made better get it now instead of regretting it later. Wouldn’t be a hard sell if I decide not to keep it.

#367 3 years ago

If any one has one for sale or know where I can get one ,please message me.

#368 3 years ago

ebay.com link: LAST CALL Official Stern Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Topper 502 7105 00

This is not my auction, but I did purchase one BEFORE they went up in price!!

1 week later
#369 3 years ago

If you go to Stern Shop they are now listed. I contacted them and they are going to produce more. No idea on pricing but $1300 is ridiculous IMO

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

If you go to Stern Shop they are now listed. I contacted them and they are going to produce more. No idea on pricing but $1300 is ridiculous IMO

Yes it is, but have you seen bksor and kiss prices? Selling for more than 2k is common.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

Stern shop is out of stock when I checked about 2 mins ago.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Stern shop is out of stock when I checked about 2 mins ago.

Yes they say sold out so I emailed them. They replied right away and said "Good morning and thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not have any toppers available at this time but the topper will be back in production in the near future. Tech support currently has no ETA on an exact date the topper will be available."

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

Yes they say sold out so I emailed them. They replied right away and said "Good morning and thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not have any toppers available at this time but the topper will be back in production in the near future. Tech support currently has no ETA on an exact date the topper will be available."

Hmmm... I thought Stern said these would be limited. Changing their minds now?

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Hmmm... I thought Stern said these would be limited. Changing their minds now?

No one from Stern ever said the topper would be limited. Distros and Pinsiders said it.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No one from Stern ever said the topper would be limited. Distros and Pinsiders said it.

Well, aren't distributors basically Stern's sales arm? If they are subject to Sterns distribution agreements and pricing structure, why would they knowingly spread misinformation?

Maybe Stern's original plan was just 200 or so but hey, who can turn down huge profit margins on a topper if people keep buying? I think the perception that they would be limited is a big part of why they have sold as well as they have regardless of who said they would limit production.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Well, aren't distributors basically Stern's sales arm? If they are subject to Sterns distribution agreements and pricing structure, why would they knowingly spread misinformation?
Maybe Stern's original plan was just 200 or so but hey, who can turn down huge profit margins on a topper if people keep buying? I think the perception that they would be limited is a big part of why they have sold as well as they have regardless of who said they would limit production.

Distributers are not Stern. I think some distros in the USA will tell you anything to make a sale. Ours in Australia is honest so we are lucky. Stern does not make many toppers so my advice is if you want one, get yourself an honest distro and order as soon as they become available.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Limited availability is not the same thing as a limited edition.

Stern accessories, especially their toppers have historically been low production runs and limited availability (vs tons of stock on shelves).

Producing in small batches is helping fuel the FOMO and speculative buyers that have taken over the space.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Limited availability is not the same thing as a limited edition.
Stern accessories, especially their toppers have historically been low production runs and limited availability (vs tons of stock on shelves).
Producing in small batches is helping fuel the FOMO and speculative buyers that have taken over the space.

I understand all that. Traditionally, they haven't made a lot which is why the GB and BKSOR toppers values have exploded.

It is simple supply and demand. The more they make, the less likely the toppers hold their value or appreciate.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Traditionally, they haven't made a lot which is why the GB and BKSOR toppers values have exploded

values haven’t exploded, prices have.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

values haven’t exploded, prices have.

Uh, okay

#381 3 years ago

Someone didn’t get the joke.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I understand all that. Traditionally, they haven't made a lot which is why the GB and BKSOR toppers values have exploded.
It is simple supply and demand. The more they make, the less likely the toppers hold their value or appreciate.

Speculation is not normal supply and demand.

Supply was super tight due to stern’s production. Demand for $500 toppers was not strong. Then a few outlier examples were in more demand than supply and now everyone is looking for their next lottery ticket so every topper is selling out. Now every topper is harder to get... feeding fomo

People didn’t go overnight from hating on the idea of a 700 dollar r2d2 topper to loving it... its people trying to beat scarcity because they think money is there in resale...

Same reason skyrocketing game prices aren’t hitting friction... people think the residual value keeps them from really being exposed. So price tolerance is through the roof

Need a few WWE level stinkers to break some of this mindset

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Speculation is not normal supply and demand.
Supply was super tight due to stern’s production. Demand for $500 toppers was not strong. Then a few outlier examples were in more demand than supply and now everyone is looking for their next lottery ticket so every topper is selling out. Now every topper is harder to get... feeding fomo
People didn’t go overnight from hating on the idea of a 700 dollar r2d2 topper to loving it... its people trying to beat scarcity because they think money is there in resale...
Same reason skyrocketing game prices aren’t hitting friction... people think the residual value keeps them from really being exposed. So price tolerance is through the roof
Need a few WWE level stinkers to break some of this mindset

I think there are a lot of possible economic bubbles that have been driven by Covid. First and foremost, housing. The stock market is also overvalued IMO due to all the government stimulus which could be argued is a house of cards.

Lastly, are pinball prices inflated due to Covid and demand for home entertainment? What happens as the country gets vaccinated and we hopefully start emerging from all of this in the coming months? Does spending shift to travel and entertainment outside the home? Could be interesting but only time will tell.

1 week later
#384 3 years ago

Got my topper, it is really not noticeable when it opens, it happens to fast. I try all the adjustments but no difference. In test menu all works fine. Is that normal ? I also wish it happens more.

Seems that it needs more coding

#385 3 years ago

Utesichiban you are right. Look at the trading card market now. People want something tangible. With the price point on Stranger things topper being slightly more realistic, i fleel Stern next run of Elvira Toppers being sold in their shop may be reduced in price.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

Utesichiban you are right. Look at the trading card market now. People want something tangible. With the price point on Stranger things topper being slightly more realistic, i fleel Stern next run of Elvira Toppers being sold in their shop may be reduced in price.

I dont think I've ever seen Stern lower the price of something after it was released. If a distributor decided to lower the price to just get rid of inventory that might happen, but not Stern themselves.

2 months later
#387 2 years ago

You thought $999 was too much how about more than twice that?! atlanta.craigslist.org link

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

You thought $999 was too much how about more than twice that?! atlanta.craigslist.org link

Your a little slow Kobe it is listed here also.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Your a little slow Kobe it is listed here also.

Thanks! I missed it here.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Got my topper, it is really not noticeable when it opens, it happens to fast. I try all the adjustments but no difference. In test menu all works fine. Is that normal ? I also wish it happens more.
Seems that it needs more coding

Sounds like you are disappointed? Not worth the $1000US? What do you think? The chance of more coding devoted to the topper is very very low I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvria-house-of-horrors-topper-99900-/page/8?hl=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.