(Topic ID: 276632)

Elvria House of Horrors Topper $999.00 ?

By Join_The_Cirqus

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpeg
tenor-5.gif
26creepshow1-articleLarge (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200910-134450_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hyena-laughing (resized).jpg
106D5B65-950C-41AD-BFC3-9BC530502120.gif
C6F39EE3-75BD-42EE-A248-BFD883C02897 (resized).jpeg
ElviraTopper_DeadFlip (resized).jpg
AE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpeg
Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
glass (resized).jpg
70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg
rps20200907_213320 (resized).jpg
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 3 years ago

But can it core a apple?

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wait...wait wai

Man, I need to start selling exhaust fumes from my cars in ziplock bags or something.....

May not be exhaust fumes but someone beat you to it.

Air guitar strings

4CC6E258-5AA4-4917-A2C6-262138F155E5 (resized).jpeg4CC6E258-5AA4-4917-A2C6-262138F155E5 (resized).jpeg
#203 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wait...wait wait wait.
You're telling me THIS Fischer Price looking thing is in demand with prices reaching $1000?

Man, I need to start selling exhaust fumes from my cars in ziplock bags or something.....

I've never been impressed by that topper in the least either. Even still, it comes down to supply and demand. It is a concept as old as commerce itself. Not sure why people have to imply that stupidity (or greed) are involved in these type of transactions. To some people $1000 is a fart in a wind storm, so why drive a hard bargain when trying to relieve someone of their prized topper? People drop well over $1000 on a meal for two with a couple of bottles of wine in fancy restaurants all over the world on a daily basis.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

People drop well over $1000 on a meal for two with a couple of bottles of wine in fancy restaurants all over the world on a daily basis.

Yeah but that's refined and classy.

It always made me laugh when a buddy would find out what I paid for a pinball machine yet he spent the same on vacation or rims for his car. You are absolutely correct when u say 1K for some is a fart in the wind and yet people complaining are spending thousands for a giant toy. I know where it comes from for the most part, luxury items out of ur range make u jealous of those who can afford them and angry because of the ridiculous notion that if they didn't spend that kind of money then prices would go down. Many delusional dickheads on pinside, but we all know all that. And thank sweet innocent baby jesus for them, like the JJP fan boys its what makes posting on this site entertaining.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've never been impressed by that topper in the least either. Even still, it comes down to supply and demand. It is a concept as old as commerce itself. Not sure why people have to imply that stupidity (or greed) are involved in these type of transactions. To some people $1000 is a fart in a wind storm, so why drive a hard bargain when trying to relieve someone of their prized topper? People drop well over $1000 on a meal for two with a couple of bottles of wine in fancy restaurants all over the world on a daily basis.

I know it’s got a lot of hate, but I really thought that GB topper was the best of both worlds - A special (sort of) mechanical thing that makes a modern game stand out, while paying tribute to classic toppers like F-14 and HS. M

What kills it and makes it distasteful is the price. Same as this one. But like I said before, they probably calculated how many they would sell due to the game itself being somewhat limited.. and calculated the price accordingly. Yuck.

#206 3 years ago

Life sized with animation...

8A8548B5-60E7-46BF-A1F8-CCD2F8CC476C (resized).jpeg8A8548B5-60E7-46BF-A1F8-CCD2F8CC476C (resized).jpeg

Still cheaper than a pinball topper...

7ft tall...CE207488-6BA4-415D-A8A1-58C609071A70 (resized).jpegCE207488-6BA4-415D-A8A1-58C609071A70 (resized).jpeg

Still cheaper than a plastic topper with leds

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Life sized with animation...
[quoted image]
Still cheaper than a pinball topper...
7ft tall...[quoted image]
Still cheaper than a plastic topper with leds

Do they have the 12 foot skeleton at your HD? Thinking about getting that to lord over my games

#208 3 years ago

My black knight topper seems like a bargain now LOL

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know it’s got a lot of hate, but I really thought that GB topper was the best of both worlds

As long as u like it who cares. That's kinda my point if its not worth to ya then don't buy, those toppers at that price will sell out but to blame Stern or any company making any product for getting maximum profit is just plain foolishness.

#210 3 years ago

While the price is absurdly high, the worst part is it’s limited to 200. You have 550 owners of LE and SLE models, most of whom won’t have the full game now. That would bother me, especially if I already handed over $15k.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

While the price is absurdly high, the worst part is it’s limited to 200. You have 550 owners of LE and SLE models, most of whom won’t have the full game now. That would bother me, especially if I already handed over $15k.

no, they will be available, you'll just have to pay much more

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

As long as u like it who cares. That's kinda my point if its not worth to ya then don't buy, those toppers at that price will sell out but to blame Stern or any company making any product for getting maximum profit is just plain foolishness.

Yeah, but part of the issue for me is that Stern is offering no lower-priced alternative topper. For their pinball machines, they offer the Pro/Prem/LE model so that there's something for everyone's taste and budget. But for this Elvira topper, they are only offering an LE option. I'd love it if Stern would also offer a cut-down topper more akin to the recent JP topper. Then the whales can have their super duper limited topper, and the rest of us who still love toppers but balk at paying $1k for one have something to buy.

I'm picking up my Elvira on Saturday, and I was fully-ready to bite the bullet and drop the all ready absurd $600 on a topper. But when Stern priced this at $1k, they priced me out. I have money that I want to give Stern for a topper, but they won't make one for me to buy. They are leaving money on the table here.

And it's hard to hear, "Don't like the price, then don't buy it." because I really love toppers, and the more intricate and interactive the better. But I just can't justify the cost of this one, I can technically "afford" it, I just don't think it's worth the price. So I wish Stern would offer a "Pro" model topper, so that I could have something official and licensed.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, but part of the issue for me is that Stern is offering no lower-priced alternative topper. For their pinball machines, they offer the Pro/Prem/LE model so that there's something for everyone's taste and budget. But for this Elvira topper, they are only offering an LE option. I'd love it if Stern would also offer a cut-down topper more akin to the recent JP topper. Then the whales can have their super duper limited topper, and the rest of us who still love toppers but balk at paying $1k for one have something to buy.
I'm picking up my Elvira on Saturday, and I was fully-ready to bite the bullet and drop the all ready absurd $600 on a topper. But when Stern priced this at $1k, they priced me out. I have money that I want to give Stern for a topper, but they won't make one for me to buy. They are leaving money on the table here.
And it's hard to hear, "Don't like the price, then don't buy it." because I really love toppers, and the more intricate and interactive the better. But I just can't justify the cost of this one, I can technically "afford" it, I just don't think it's worth the price. So I wish Stern would offer a "Pro" model topper, so that I could have something official and licensed.

I dont think they can tool up to make 2 or 3 toppers, really don't think they are a big money maker for them. Im not disagreeing with you at all, but from a business standpoint it doesn't make sense

#214 3 years ago

I bought a topper for maiden from a guy on this site. Very happy with it, it's sound activated and was under $300. Hope someone does for this game as well

#215 3 years ago

I can see it now.... pro, premium and LE topper!

On that note, sold out this month? Christmas?

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont think they can tool up to make 2 or 3 toppers, really don't think they are a big money maker for them. Im not disagreeing with you at all, but from a business standpoint it doesn't make sense

They made 2 Toppers for Iron Maiden.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I bought a topper for maiden from a guy on this site. Very happy with it, it's sound activated and was under $300. Hope someone does for this game as well

Nobody wants no bullshit bootleg toppers. I mean they are cute, and good for the poor among us who can’t afford the real thing, but they just have no juice.

Better pony up the $1,000 if you want any topper respect!

#218 3 years ago

So deadflip is live now on twitch and his Elvira has the topper in the background.....

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

So deadflip is live now on twitch and his Elvira has the topper in the background.....

Ask to see it in action.

#220 3 years ago

We are asking, but he is just ignoring all the topper comments.....

#221 3 years ago

They price things at the top of the market and see if they can get it.... most times they do.

If something doesnt dont sell its much easier to drop the price and run a sale then it ever would be to raise it later.

They will keep pushing the prices as long as things keep selling..... obviously to this point they have not scared off enough buyers so prices go up.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody wants no bullshit bootleg toppers. I mean they are cute, and good for the poor among us who can’t afford the real thing, but they just have no juice.

Haha levi. I have a stern topper secured already, thinkin bout a spare!!

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

They made 2 Toppers for Iron Maiden.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And, these bullshit bootleg toppers have re sold here for at or more than original price

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

nah he answered me but cant really say much.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

They price things at the top of the market and see if they can get it.... most times they do.
If something doesnt dont sell its much easier to drop the price and run a sale then it ever would be to raise it later.
They will keep pushing the prices as long as things keep selling..... obviously to this point they have not scared off enough buyers so prices go up.

The Star Wars topper is limited edition and $750 and is one of the few Stern toppers that hasn't sold out yet. Maybe $750 is the current topper ceiling?

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Star Wars topper is limited edition and $750 and is one of the few Stern toppers that hasn't sold out yet. Maybe $750 is the current topper ceiling?

How many they make of those?

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many they make of those?

rps20200907_213320 (resized).jpgrps20200907_213320 (resized).jpg
#228 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

... So I wish Stern would offer a "Pro" model topper, so that I could have something official and licensed.

WHOA WHOA WHOA......don't give them any new ideas. They're already screwing this community over enough.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

WHOA WHOA WHOA......don't give them any new ideas. They're already screwing this community over enough.

U right, 3 new games a year with the cheapest option still in the hobby via the Pro. Those bastards

#230 3 years ago

I can barely look at the LCD during gameplay, not to mention a back glass. I honestly wouldn’t even know that the topper is there if you didn’t tell me... I don’t care how much they cost, the concept of a topper is absurd to me

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I can barely look at the LCD during gameplay, not to mention a back glass. I honestly wouldn’t even know that the topper is there if you didn’t tell me... I don’t care how much they cost, the concept of a topper is absurd to me

I think it’s totally easy to look at the play field, LCD display and topper at the same time.

70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg
#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

really don't think they are a big money maker for them

LOL at 1K... not a big money maker...what? How much is the markup on this turd?
Damn sure it's more than 500usd.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

A good quality Side Walk Sally 300 an hour so it would be fun but not for long.

Does she bill by the hour or the minute? $50 probably gets me a few more minutes than I truly need.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Does she bill by the hour or the minute? $50 probably gets me a few more minutes than I truly need.

There's methods for long lasting affairs. Not too mention a multi girl bikini pinball party. But u guys are much too innocent for such things

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

LOL at 1K... not a big money maker...what? How much is the markup on this turd?
Damn sure it's more than 500usd.

you make mods don't ya? R& D costs. Tooling costs for 200 pieces? Ya they might profit a little but doubt they gonna retire

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

you make mods don't ya? R& D costs. Tooling costs for 200 pieces? Ya they might profit a little but doubt they gonna retire

Make more than two hundred ,lower price, Everyone wins!

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Everyone wins!

Now we can't just go around having everyone win.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

May not be exhaust fumes but someone beat you to it.

Air guitar strings

Of course they are KISS 'strings'. Good ole Gene, he really will sell 'anything'.

How about a Bag 'o Glass next?

glass (resized).jpgglass (resized).jpg
#239 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If it's just a static image i'll buy it and blow it up with my shotgun just to "protest" it!

Please Stern let it be a static image, I want to watch Ice and his shotgun video!

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Welcome to the world of paid influencers... The aurora of promotion and access, but really with the chains of submission.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do they have the 12 foot skeleton at your HD? Thinking about getting that to lord over my games

Yup.. but at least these had animation

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Of course they are KISS 'strings'. Good ole Gene, he really will sell 'anything'.
How about a Bag 'o Glass next?[quoted image]

Last time I met Dan I made a Bag 'o Glass for him to sign. He seemed really excited to see it and was laughing the entire time.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#243 3 years ago

Alright people this is your chance to tell Stern what the price of a topper should be by what is the demand for the topper TBD https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-elvira-house-of-horrors.php

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Alright people this is your chance to tell Stern what the price of a topper should be by what is the demand for the topper TBD https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-elvira-house-of-horrors.php

I'm sure its sold out already and waiting list.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm sure its sold out already and waiting list.

Unknown-4 (resized).jpegUnknown-4 (resized).jpeg
#246 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Make more than two hundred ,lower price, Everyone wins!

Nope! Not Stern, anyway.

200 x $999 = $200,000

Just randomly, say they make $500 profit a topper, just to pick a figure. So BOM is $500. (Again, just a random figure, to illustrate the point)

So 200 toppers is $100,000 profit.

If they drop the price to $699, that’s now only $200 profit a topper.

To make the same profit as they would on the 200x $999 topper, they’d need to sell 500 units.

Why would you want to make 500 units when you can only make 200?

And would they sell 500 units at $699? Probably not.

And, the staff resources that would be spent making those extra 300 toppers can be spent making $699 plastic Jurassic Park toppers, etc etc. More money. Companies like to make money.

Stern knows there are 200 people who don’t care that these are $999. That’s why they are $999.

rd

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope! Not Stern, anyway.
200 x $999 = $200,000
Just randomly, say they make $500 profit a topper, just to pick a figure. So BOM is $500. (Again, just a random figure, to illustrate the point)
To make the same profit as they would on the 200x $999 topper, they’d need to sell 500 units.
And, the staff resources that would be spent making those extra 300 toppers can be spent making $699 plastic Jurassic Park toppers, etc etc. More money. Companies like to make money.
Stern knows there are 200 people who don’t care that these are $999. That’s why they are $999.
rd

AE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpegAE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpeg

Yup. Too many people in this hobby with “f**k you” money. And guess what they’re not doing... posting in this thread.

#248 3 years ago

Pricing the topper at $1000 really isn't about the BOM or even the profit made on the topper. This is the kind of thing a company does, when it attempts to create the impression of being a "lifestyle" brand. Like Apple or Harley Davidson. I think the reality is that Stern is a lifestyle brand for about 500 guys on pinside. And there is nothing wrong with that.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope! Not Stern, anyway.
200 x $999 = $200,000
rd

The Rolling Stones figured this out decades ago.

In 1989, they played SIX sold NYC stadium shows for $30 a ticket. THat's about 300,000 tickets and 14 hours of on stage work.

Last year, the Stones played ONE NYC stadium show, and there was never a point where you couldn't actually buy a ticket from the box office. The cheapest ticket was probably around $150, and the top tickets were in insane thousands level...most "good" seats were at least $400.

Are they less popular? Are they selling fewer tickets? Who gives a shit...they are making the same amount of money for doing one sixth of the work, and they don't have to play 6 nights in a row in between blood cleansings for Keith.

Point is big corporations like the Stones and Stern are happy to manufacture fewer and make more money. Cause like Peck says, they like money!

#250 3 years ago

Could also just be a function of the price of the license.

The more they have to pay for license the more they need to get back like on Star Wars.

The game was expensive to begin with from what I know partly due to high license costs...

I would assume Elvira also gets a part of any additional product that goes with the pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvria-house-of-horrors-topper-99900-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.